FFA Proficiency Awards?

What do you get for doing this? and what does SAE (project) mean?

I tried to get on the official website for FFA, but the pages I need to get to require an adobe update, which I can't do on this computer

What interests me are:

diversified livestock production, nursery operations, goat production, vegetable production, or small animal production & care

If you could post here a summary of each and what requirements are I'd really appreciate it! Thanks :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

SAE supervised agricultural experience. It is an agricultural project where hours are logged and where an FFA member learns the ropes of agriculture. The possibilities are endless and can be anything from a cattle handling facility, to showing horses, to planting a garden. Grants can be received for those needing financial assistance expanding his/her SAE. Awards called "proficiency awards", that should encourage members to develop specialized skills that will apply toward a future career, are awarded. Members are recognized at the local, state, and national level. A student can select from two proficiency award categories. One is called PLACEMENT for work/experience only SAE's. The other, called entrepreneurship, is for programs that typically involve ownership of an agricultural production or agribusiness enterprise. The FFA website is www.ffa.org. The proficiency awards are as follows: Agricultural -Communications, Education, Mechanics design and Fabrication, Mechanics Energy Systems, Mechanics Repair and Maintenance, Processing, Sales, Sevices; Aquaculture; Beef Production; Dairy Production; Diversifed- Ag production, Crop Production, Horticulture, Livestock Production; Emerging Ag Technology; Environmental Science and Natural Resources Management; Equine Science; Fiber/Oil Crop production; Floriculture; Food Science and Technology; Forage Production; Forest Mangement and Products; Friut Production; Grain Production; Home/Community Development; Landscape Managment; Nursury operations; Outdoor recreation; Poultry Production; Sheep Production; Small Animal Production and Care; Specialty- Animal Production, Crop Production; Swine Production; Turf Grass Managment; Vegetable Production; and Wildlife Management. Hope this helps, took me forever to text this lol.

Source(s): My brain and the FFA handbook.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

supervised agriculture experience

i won national with mine but i raised bees and at the time it was in with specialty livestock production and the payoff can be huge money and scholarships

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.