Is it a bad thing when someone tells you that you look like Barbie?

At my school, everyone tells me I look like a star. For example, Mary-Kate & Ashley.. Barbie.. and others. Anyways, I usually get called Barbie. I ask them why and they say you have the perfect hair.. the perfect skin.. your tan.. you look great with blonde, brown, or reddish hair.. you have super long eyelashes.. your smile is perfect (never had braces, and teeth are board straight).. and i have blue eyes. Please tell me if this is a good or bad thing and why. Thanks so much for your input. (:

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If they are being nice about it ( seems as if they are ) this is a good thing. Keep up with your school work and grades beauty fades. It is more important to be beautiful on the inside and not the out. Looks can only get you so far. Embrace how you look regardless if you are being told you look like Barbie, There is beauty in everyone.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I would consider it a compliment, that is unless they call you it as in a slutty way(I mean have you seen how barbie dresses..lol). But calling you pretty and a star is fine!!...to a point. If people say it too much they may be snickering and jealous. Watch your back...but other than that it's a great compliment!! I love to be told that I'm pretty, even though I don't believe it myself :D be proud of who you are

• 8 years ago

It sounds like a good thing kinda. Barbie has perfect features and is pretty so that's good but the whole idea of being called a barbie doesn't sound so good. I think it is good though you sound pretty :) hope this helps!! ;)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Barbie is pretty I guess, but also very fake looking and that is a huge turnoff. The Olsen twins are hideous. Why don't you post your pic for us to rate instead?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Take it as a compliment and say "thank you."

I'd rather look like Barbie than Ken!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

It can be a good or bad thing.

It could mean they think you're very good looking, almost perfect.

But it could also mean they think you think you look like that, and that you're naïve, shallow, and not very smart.

I know from experience what you're talking about though. My guess is you're blonde, have pink lips, flawless skin, and probably blue eyes, and a good figure. You should send me a pic or email me and tell if I'm right caitlinmariebuelt@yahoo.com

• 8 years ago

Wow you poor thing! Sounds like you look terrible - lol! Relax hun. Obviously you're gorgeous! Sound like you should return the favour and help others recognise their positives inside & out ;)

• 8 years ago

I think they feel jealous from your beauty but dont tell this thing to your friend. Appreciate what your friends say to you. Be confident and never follow a wrong way.

• nice
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

whats up girll!! (: ive been informed for all time before everything i substitute into indignant because of the fact freakin ladies at college could tease and taunt and prefer yell it at me now i take it as a compliment they think of have been proper and notably it doesnt get greater proper than tht (: i merely say awww thank u! <3333333333333333333333

• 8 years ago

Yes and no. I guess its good because they are telling you that you're pretty, but then again no because they probably think you are shallow and superficial. Just be careful how you dress and act.. Good luck and hope i helped

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.