Paint drying too quickly?

I painted two coats of the "paint & primer in one" paint, and my walls look like crap. Mostly there are just roller marks all over the walls and everywhere I "cut in" was darker than the walls and you can see all the brush marks. A second coat didn't help anything. I asked the paint store... show more I painted two coats of the "paint & primer in one" paint, and my walls look like crap.
Mostly there are just roller marks all over the walls and everywhere I "cut in" was darker than the walls and you can see all the brush marks. A second coat didn't help anything.
I asked the paint store and the guy told me to go over everything with a primer to start over. He gave me a white primer, which I come to think is wrong now after looking on the net (I'm painting a dark color) but that's what I've got. After doing the first wall, even the white primer looks like crap. You can see every place where I overlapped with the roller and see all the roller marks.
Both the paint and primer dry really quickly. It seems I cannot work fast enough. All I can find on the useless internet is "make sure you roll while your "cut in" is still wet so it blends together" and the same idea as far as rolling across the wall goes--leaving "wet edges" to blend together.
This does not help me. I have to paint by myself and no matter how fast I can paint it's not fast enough to let it "blend." What am I supposed to do? You can visibly see every separate section I did on the walls because it dries so fast and there are overlap lines.
All we wanted to do was spruce up our house in a fairly inexpensive way, and thought painting would make it look monumentally better since every room is white. Now it just looks worse and we're $600 into this stupid project.