I did my refund through Turbo Tax. The IRS shows that my refund is due to be deposited today. As of now Turbo?

Tax does not show a deposit. Is it possible that their system has not updated yet, and when will I be able to find out if their bank has received our refund? Will it take days?

Sorry, we chose to have our refund done by Turbo Tax and it is getting deposited into their bank, Santa Barbara Tax Products, then they are supposed to withdraw their fees and deposit the difference in to our account. Does that make a difference? When checking with Santa Barbara Banks website it says they have not received it yet. The date we were initially given was a couple of weeks ago, however, the IRS's website showed today as our scheduled refund date.

Favorite Answer

NOTICE FROM SANTA BARBARA BANK & TRUST (SBBT) AND YOUR REFUND STATUS:

Accord to the SBBT info pdf I have provided below it says :

SBBT does not hold your money. When we receive a deposit from the IRS, we send a payment out within 24 hours of receipt. If you are receiving your money from SBBT via check or Cash Card, they are disbursed the same day and as soon as possible. For Direct Deposits, we also use the same process as the IRS does (ACH) so it usually takes about 1 to 2 business days to reach your account. Although the IRS normally sends us refund payments once a week, on rare occasions the IRS may send a payment on a day other than expected. When that happens, we send the payment out within 24 hours.

Source(s): PDF available online here: http://www.proseries.com/support/EFAtlas/sbbtnotic...

I got through to “Miss Kelly” at the IRS this afternoon. I was on hold just about 15 minutes and considering the bulk of calls they are manageing, I didn’t think it was too bad.

My return was accepted on 2/12 and I was originally given a date of 2/29 on the WMR site. It was then updated to reflect a direct deposit on 2/21. Well of course, 2/21 has come and gone so I gave them a call. I was polite and in return, so was the agent. She explained that the dates on the WMR site are pretty much all incorrect due to issues with the new system and that my refund will be processed out on 2/29 for a 3/2 deposit. She also took the time to verify my direct deposit routing & account numbers to ensure that they are correct. I thanked her for her time and she was grateful. Remember that you are talking to a customer service person when you call…and not the decision makers. A little respect went a long way on my call. Now I can sit back and relax until next Friday…of course, then we’ll see.

i found out that santa barbara bank only handels refunds from turbo tax paying customers. if you used the 1040 ez form free then turbo tax is full of $%$R&$$. i have been waiting 3 days past my refund after IRS deposited in my turbo tax card. on feb 23 it should of posted at 10:00 am pst. the following day. this. so if i were you and i know how mad im sure u are. after the 72 waiting period i would call IRS to see if it was sent bacvk and have them mail you a check forget turbo tax what a joke they need

Source(s): santa barbara bank IRS

The IRS is behind in their refunds. It shows today but it really will take a while longer. Maybe just a few days or even a week or two. I read about it in the newspaper and saw something on the news about it.

I REALLY hope the refund is being put in YOUR account and NOT being given to Turbo Tax. Else, you've been scammed.