My oh Mike asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 8 years ago

fantasy baseball survey which pairs would you rather have on your team?

1B Mark Teixeira

2B Dustin Ackley

or

2B Dan Uggla

1B Gaby Sanchez

------------------------

OF Andrew McCuthcen

OF Ryan Braun

or

OF Michael Bourn

OF Curtis Granderson

--------------------------

C Russell Martin

SP Justin Verlander

or

SP Doug Fister

C Mike Napoli

SS Troy Tulowitski

3B Mark Reynolds

or

SS Jose Reyes

3B Adrian Beltre

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Uggla and Sanchez. Uggla has great power and will get a lot of RBI's in the Braves lineup this year despite his poor first year with the team. He ended his hitting struggle with a 30 some odd game hitting streak. I think he solved his batting woes, to say the least. Sanchez has a very good batting average. Though Teixeira's the best player out of the 4, Ackley is the worst.

McCutchen and Braun. McCutchen steals a ton of bases and has lead off power to where he can still get you homeruns and triples, and he also hits for average. Braun is very consistent and has great power, led the Brewers in stolen bases, gets a bunch or RBI's, and hits for average. He also just beat a guy who almost made the 40/40 club in the MVP race.

Fister and Napoli. Napoli put up much better numbers than Martin last year and is an everyday player, so in my opinion he is more valuable than Verlander because of that. Fister is still a good pitcher.

Reyes and Beltre by a mile. Reynolds strikes out waaaaaaaaay too much. Him or Adam Dunn leads the league in strikeouts every year. Reyes led the NL in batting average last year and is one of the game's best base steals. He can also get you triples. Beltre gets a huge amount of RBI's in the Rangers lineup, hits for a great average, and has great power.

Out of all the pairs, McCutchen and Braun is the best. Reyes and Beltre are a close second, but they are only second because Reyes gets hurt every season and misses a bunch of games. If Reyes was healthy, it'd be him and Beltre as the best pair, no contest. But, since he'll most likely a good number of games during the season, McCutchen/Braun is the best pair listed.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

As much as I like Dustin Ackley I have to go with Uggla/Sanchez, Sanchez is in an absolutely stacked lineup this year, batting 5th behind Bonifacio, Reyes, Ramirez and Stanton most likely. And he'll have power bats like Morrison and Buck hitting behind him, great recipe for success. Uggla's inconsistencies aside he has a boomstick at the plate, when he was less of a roller coaster playing for the Marlins he won me a fantasy championship.

McCutchen and Braun by a mile. McCutchen and Bourn are pretty well the same player but are in completely different situations. McCutchen has a lot more efficient bats hitting him around the bases and can steal them to get into scoring position. Braun is the NL MVP and has been putting up unreal all around numbers since his first year in the bigs in 07. Granderson's always been efficient, but has never had a year like he had last year.

Napoli proved his worth both in fantasy and in real life last year with the Rangers. In terms of this pairing Verlander is obviously the better pitcher but pitchers don't play every day, catchers do. Gotta go with the better catcher, both pitchers are pitching for the same team too. Detroit's gonna get a lot of wins this year, from both guys.

Reyes and Beltre only because Reynolds is whiff-machine. Love Tulo's skills and home park but Reyes gets on base and stays on base more than anyone in the league and Beltre is a proven elite 3B.

• 3 years ago

a million. Mange my widespread team. 2. celeb pitcher. 3. Line stress to the tummy. 4. undesirable seats yet cool people. I hate while i'm sitting next to stressful people at a interest. 5. Fielder. 6. appropriate breaking ball interior the sport. 7. Nationals. 8. intense BA/Hits yet low RBI/HR. 9. many of the time my answer could be interest 7 of the WS. yet while the Giants are interior the Superbowl, then i'm observing that. 10. widespread team for much less money. i'm particular i could nevertheless be creating lots.

• 8 years ago

All of your 2nd picks look great except ima go with Martin and Verlander bc Verlander has gotten way better then last year meaning more points

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.