Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 9 years ago

Southwest airlines flight cancellations?

So I plan to be flying out of chicago midway tomorrow early afternoon, and southwest airlines has cancelled flights all flights due to the weather here, and more specifically has cancelled flights to my destination up until 7am, and I'm just curious if this is going to effect my scheduled departure time if they don't continue to cancel flights.

Favorite Answer

Chicago Winter Weather

Southwest Airlines is monitoring the winter weather system expected to bring snow to the Chicago Midway area Thursday and Friday.

We have cancelled all of our Thursday evening flights to/from Chicago Midway (MDW) and some of our Friday morning flights from Chicago Midway (MDW). Before heading to the airport, please check Flight Status Information.

Flexible accomodations are being offered to Customers holding a reservation for travel to/from MDW after 4pm CT on Thursday, February 23 thru 12pm CT on Friday, February 24. If you would like to rebook online, please click here. Customers who did not purchase their ticket via southwest.com can call 1-800-435-9792 to rebook their flight in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of the original date of travel between the original city-pairs) without paying any additional charge.

Additionally, Customers holding reservations for a cancelled flight may request a refund for an unused ticket/travel itinerary by calling 1-800-435-9792.