How do I fix shaky hands (tremors)?

My hands arn't shaking right now or really ever, unless I'm doing a precise incision in a dissection lab in school. I want to be a surgeon when I'm older, but can you imagine a surgeon with shaky hands? A freind suggested beta blockers- but that sounds a bit extreme for something that I might be able to fix naturally.

Favorite Answer

Im assuming this is not a new thing for you. If correct, it means you have what I do: Essential Tremor. Basically, a shaking in the hands not caused by anything specific. It mostly presents itself when attempting to manipulate small objects.

Im sorry to say, theres no fix for it...I wish I had more but..there just isn't :( the beta-blocker propranolol has shown some results in reducing the symptoms, but it wont solve the problem (and doesnt always work.)

Depends on the cause. The Beta blockers only work if it's due to increased catecholamines. If it's a neurological cause, then...it'll be harder to treat depending not only on the cause but the possible progression of whatever is causing it. Still, postural tremors are also called familial tremors which run in the family so it could be nothing. It could also be caffeine related if you consume a lot.

I think u should just see a doctor