Name one obligation women have towards men?

There are many many obligations that men have towards women. When U.S. Airways flight 1549 landed on the Hudson river the first words out of the captains mouth were, "Women and children first". Men were expected to stay put and potentially die so that women they didn't even know could exit the plane and survive.

Women are always talking about what they expect of men and demanding laws to enforce those expectations. Even a woman who rapes a child can demand child support from him when he turns 18!

But what are the obligations that women have towards men? Name one obligation that is enforced by law or that women just can't get out of.

I can't think of any. And if there is nothing that women must do for men then why do we owe women anything?

Nicki--you clearly are a feminist. Instead of recognizing the unfairness of these double standards you try to shame me by claiming I have a bad attitude. Go **** yourself.

There isn't a woman born and raised in the U.S. who isn't a feminist. She may claim otherwise but every woman places her own interests above those of men. Every woman expects things from men that she would never give in return or feel a need to reciprocate in another way.

Women are with men so long as it pleases them. The moment it doesn't please them is the moment they start looking for the door. We have a 50% divorce rate and over 70% of divorces are filed by women. Clearly women can't keep a promise and if your word is crap then marriage is meaningless.

Favorite Answer

There are no obligations. Those obligations that used to exist have been removed because women felt them to be oppressive. Now all that remains are the obligations men have to women and many of those have to be enforced by laws because many men intuit the injustice of having to make payments to women who have betrayed them.

As for sexism it's just a construct that feminists created to justify gaining more privilege. Go back 100 years and you won't find a single woman or women's group who wanted to work. Single women worked, but it was considered shameful if a married woman worked. Who did the shaming? Women! Who was shamed? Men!

Now that women want something else (or think they do) they use sexism or claims of oppression to get what they want. Feminism is just as patriarchal as so called "patriarchy".

How did women get what they wanted under patriarchy? They went to men and asked for it.

How do women get what they want from feminism? They go to men/government and ask for it.

Same as it ever was.

The notion that men prohibited women from work is ridiculous. Without birth control women who wanted to work would either need servants to take care of her children or would have to never have sex. Since most women like sex then most women would eventually get pregnant. The average number of children for women in the 1800's was between 8 and 10. If you had 10 kids could you also run a business?

Even today, with cars to drive women to work, air-conditioned office buildings and light duty clerical work, instant meals and fast food, women still have trouble balancing work and family and most only have about 2 kids. Try walking a few miles to work, spending 10 hours there, then walking home and stopping at the grocery because you have to buy your food every day because there is no refrigeration, then carrying that food home and preparing it over a wood fueled stove. Try pumping the water from a well outside and carrying it in so you children could wash their hands, and drink or heating that water so they could bathe. After doing all these things she would wash all their clothes by hand. Could you do all those things? Sure men could help but considering most men worked from sunrise to sunset would it be fair to demand even more from him after all that hot dirty dangerous work all day?

Women stayed home because of division of labor not sexism.

Add to that the fact that almost all work was dirty, dangerous and physically demanding which means that women weren't suited to it. Even today women avoid such work. Yet there are no prohibitions to them doing it.

Feminism is about blaming men for women's choices. In doing so they rely on the continued fabrication that men control everything. And by constantly requiring men to change or promote women's interests they empower men to control everything. Yet when society is geared to serve the interests of women in every way then how can it be said to be patriarchal?

Nonetheless people believe it because most people, feminists included, don't believe that women are capable of making good decisions let alone being accountable for them. This is all great for feminists because they make billions of dollars in government money just so they can think up new ways that women are oppressed.

Meanwhile men die younger, serve longer sentences, are denied reproductive and parental rights, property rights, voting rights, all on the basis of their gender. Yet no one can point this out without being called a sexist.

Today every women is indoctrinated by feminist values. Most of them already think you are a scumbag and expect you to prove otherwise. Why should any of us try to overcome that bigotry just so we can take on a bunch of obligations to people who secretly hate us?

The answer to this my friend is--you shouldn't. No man should marry and I view men who marry as tools and suckers. They willingly sell themselves into slavery for the false promise of love. They are fools and most of them will live to regret it.

Live your life free. Treat women like crap (that's the only way to overcome their bigotry). Always wear a condom and never trust a woman when she says she's on the pill. In fact, never trust a woman. They have no obligation to tell you the truth. Someday when you want kids hire a surrogate. You can buy an egg from Europe, fertilize it and implant it in India for less money than a Mini Cooper, or a wedding, or the cost of supporting a wife for one year. And no one will strip your child from you later on because you weren't born with a vagina.

Women seem to think having to shave and wear makeup is an equal obligation to men. It's a daily routine thing so it's constant, and yes, it sucks, but I'm in your side. The only thing I would change is the income. Women do make less than men, which I wish was different. Also, childbearing is a big argument, then again nobody is forcing women to have children.

Interesting point. It seems that sexism has gone the other direction and now women are treated too well, and it encroaches on the rights of men.

This topic reminds me of affirmative action. I don't know what your opinion is on that topic, but it seems to be the same principle. Even though I am female, I am against affirmative action. It forces people in positions of authority to sometimes select incompetent applicants for jobs, just because they are a minority. It gives minority students free money for college, while caucasian students don't get that at all. How is that fair?

Oh, and to answer your question, I can't think of anything. Sorry.

• Tardis

Women have no obligations to men because sexism is viewed as a "female" thing. The gender stereotypes that men have to be the providers, protectors, and willing to risk their lives for women still exists today. But when it comes to women doing anything for men, people view it as sexist and demeaning. But I really don't care if I'm viewed as a sexist, so I do my own thing when it comes to the women I date.

"lol Isn't it enough, having built and invented everything you see?! ... Ungrateful women"

Well, I'm not a feminist by any means, but you certainly have a bad attitude and I'm glad you and I weren't on flight 1549 together. Nikii's and Firic's answers are very interesting. I would say there are not socially enforced obligations on the scale of the example you give, but if you really think about it: hypothetically, if there were no men in the world and the population was comprised only of women, I personally would never wear makeup, high heels, skirts, or wax my hm-hm, etc. I would walk around in sweatpants, t-shirts and glasses all day, everyday. I think we can maybe infer a self-imposed obligation from this.

And about situations in which men are expected to be "chivalrous" and sacrifice for women and children: it's biological. If everyone were to die off in some disaster, which scenario would allow for the most speedy re-population of the earth: 1 female survivor and 10 male survivors? Or 1 male survivor and 10 female survivors? Obviously the latter. It should be/used to be instinct for men to sacrifice themselves for women in life-threatening situations like that.

Oh, and f*** you, Killerqueen. You didn't f***ing invent everything. Get off your high horse.

And do me the favor of not telling me what I am and am not. You don't know me. I think things like the fact that military requirements have been diminished because women could not meet the original requirements are absurd. You would do well to not generalize about all "women born and raised in the U.S." - clearly ignorance. Not sure what the divorce spiel is about (fyi, 70% of married men have had some sort of extra-marital relationship..not sure, but perhaps that could be the reason 70% of divorces are filed by women..hmmm). I may not be a feminist, but I am not in favor of male chauvinism. Good luck with the mail-order bride you'll be needing to meet your every chauvinistic demand for another sandwich and beer.

None.

Feminism promotes women to be above men, children, the elderly and disabled folk.

Feminism IS sexism of the highest order.

the reason why you can't think of obligations that women have towards men it's because there are none

That my friend is called chivalry

To "Get me a beer"

none - it all goes the other way