I want a tattoo...but what should I get?

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I know what I want the tattoo to mean and the location, but I have yet to find anything that expresses what I want. I have gone through a lot in my life and I am just barely 20. I have learned lessons that most people don't learn firsthand. I had to grow up... show more I have been thinking about this for a while now. I know what I want the tattoo to mean and the location, but I have yet to find anything that expresses what I want. I have gone through a lot in my life and I am just barely 20. I have learned lessons that most people don't learn firsthand. I had to grow up quickly and lost the chance at a childhood. I had every excuse to fail and not do something with my life, but instead I used my misfortunes to drive me forward. Against all odds I have "survived". I am going to college and I have a bright future ahead of myself. My favorite quote is "Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the presence of fear with the capacity to manage and overcome it". If anyone has any ideas for me I would love to hear your input. Thanks :)
Update: Oh I forgot to mention that the location is on my back between my shoulder blades. Also I have been looking at the phoenix. I also like the idea of the koi fish but I do not want fish on my body. Thanks again
Update 2: Oh I forgot to mention that the location is on my back between my shoulder blades. Also I have been looking at the phoenix. I also like the idea of the koi fish but I do not want fish on my body. Thanks again