I want a tattoo...but what should I get?

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I know what I want the tattoo to mean and the location, but I have yet to find anything that expresses what I want. I have gone through a lot in my life and I am just barely 20. I have learned lessons that most people don't learn firsthand. I had to grow up quickly and lost the chance at a childhood. I had every excuse to fail and not do something with my life, but instead I used my misfortunes to drive me forward. Against all odds I have "survived". I am going to college and I have a bright future ahead of myself. My favorite quote is "Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the presence of fear with the capacity to manage and overcome it". If anyone has any ideas for me I would love to hear your input. Thanks :)

Oh I forgot to mention that the location is on my back between my shoulder blades. Also I have been looking at the phoenix. I also like the idea of the koi fish but I do not want fish on my body. Thanks again

Favorite Answer

Maybe a symbol for courage, or a rune for courage, with the quote around it, or above it. Also, the quote could encircle you arm, or wrist. There are some Norse runes for courage if you are in any way related or interested in that. Or you could just find an animal, or figure that is strong to you.

Depends on what means the most to you and where you want it. Also, get something you won't regret in 5 years. I have been through a lot as well and have been thinking of getting a pheonix with a latin quote by it somewhere. Pheonix's are very symbolic, they rise from the ashes and are reborn. But it is all up to you, don't let someone else decide what is permanantly inked onto your body. Take your time and think about it. If you can't think of anything, just get that quote on you, there are many different ways you could get it.

I usually like words. I would so do courage or hope.