Never Told To Inform Electric Company?

I have been living in my apartment complex for one month now. Everything is included except for electric. When I arrived everything was on and it slipped my mind to inform the electric company (also never told to call them by my property manager/landlord). Last week I remembered around 1am that I forgot to this... show more I have been living in my apartment complex for one month now. Everything is included except for electric. When I arrived everything was on and it slipped my mind to inform the electric company (also never told to call them by my property manager/landlord). Last week I remembered around 1am that I forgot to this and, terrified out of my mind, I contacted my city's electric company the next day.
I received a confirmation e-mail that everything has been turned on in my unit.

I also asked the property manager about this and she is yet to get back to me.

Was it the right thing to do? Or did I make a mistake seeing as it was never mentioned to me?

(This is my first apartment. I know I acted without thinking but was afraid to wait much longer before contacting the company.)