Do u think i have depression or what.?

I am 20 year old young boy.My college is almost over. My final exams are approaching within a couple of weeks. I found life extremely tough so far.My eyesight is extremely weak.( I have albinism and nystagmus=uncontrollable eye movements )I cant recognize people from some distance. In sunlight my eyesight becomes too horrible.Actually my life is horrible with this disease. Most of the time i m silent, quiet and somewhat depressed also. Every teacher in my college said that i m simple, innocent disciplined boy. I have lived a restricted life so far.I couldnot even see what the teacher iwas teaching in the class.

In big college, i had so much trouble recognizing people and that really hurted me most. Many people turn away from me as they think i ignore them and find me too strange. I cant make eye contact even from a short distance.All of my pevious school frndz went for higher scoped studies like engineering .B C A etc. I being good in study went for simple study which has very little to almost no scope. Its very very difficult for me to get a job. I m really scared what will happen to me in future. I also had very bad times with girls in my college. They too found me too strange which i think i m. .......

i m really frightened what i will do with very little sight in my eyes. I will never be able to compete. i also think that i will never be able to live a normal, healthy life. All these thinkings get me really down. I dont have a gf either. Do u think i have depression. What should i do.??I think i m mentally very upset and disturbed I think i just wasted my life.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Pipsy
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Based upon you said it is very likely that depression is occurring however, I will note that this depression may be biologically linked. I would consult a optometrist in regards to your eye sight and perhaps consider seeing a gp as well as bad vision is also related to things such as diabetes in which case the biochemicals that are in the brain may be in a flux. However, if the gp and optometrist turn out to be dead ends it is possible to see psychologist/psychiatrist who would be able to improve your socialization and confidence issues which will probably reduce your depression. Hope that helps pce.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.