Career advise please?

At 24 years old I realized a dream of mine has been crushed. I recently found out that because of my color deficiency (and the fact that I cant pass the Ishihara or Farnsworth d-15) I will likely never be able to find a job in a serious law enforcement agency (DQ'd by the LAPD and LASD). This news has come as a crushing blow and extremely discouraging at a point in my life when it's time to grow up and start making something of myself.

I will be going back to school to finish my bachelors (it will take only two more quarters to finish). So my question is to those of you who know of good sites that give comprehensive review of traits and personality characteristics through decently good testing, and suggests careers for people with those certain qualities and personality types?

I have taken the jung career indicator at it told me I was an ISFJ, but it didn't seem very thorough of comprehensive.

To anyone who has read through this whole thing, I am very appreciative and grateful for your time and help.

Favorite Answer

The Myers Briggs is useful, but when it comes to career decisions, its only part of the equation. The Strong Inventory is traditionally considered the best specialized career planning assessment. Sorry to hear about the setback, but perhaps it opens new opportunities. Good luck!

http://www.personalityreports.com/?view=Assessment...