?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

What political movies/ movies with political messages are your favorite?

They are disproportionally left wing in quantity, usually. But some old classics are great conservative films. But they make new ones all of the time.

Do you have any favorites? Or ones that you remotely enjoyed? Did any movie(s) inspire you to become interested in politics?

I think V for Vendetta inspired a new generation of libertarians.

Excellent dstr.

El Tecolote: I haven't seen that one. I will check it out.

JC, I know! I think John Nolan is one of the best writers around.

Favorite Answer

You should watch "Network" made in the 70's. A must see for all political junkies.

Howard Beale: [arms outstretched to the heavens] Edward George Ruddy died today! Edward George Ruddy was the Chairman of the Board of the Union Broadcasting Systems, and he died at eleven o'clock this morning of a heart condition, and woe is us! We're in a lot of trouble!

Howard Beale: [calmly strolling toward the audience] So. A rich little man with white hair died. What has that got to do with the price of rice, right? And *why* is that woe to us? Because you people, and sixty-two million other Americans, are listening to me right now. Because less than three percent of you people read books! Because less than fifteen percent of you read newspapers! Because the only truth you know is what you get over this tube. Right now, there is a whole, an entire generation that never knew anything that didn't come out of this tube! This tube is the Gospel, the ultimate revelation. This tube can make or break presidents, popes, prime ministers... This tube is the most awesome God-damned force in the whole godless world, and woe is us if it ever falls in to the hands of the wrong people, and that's why woe is us that Edward George Ruddy died. Because this company is now in the hands of CCA - the Communication Corporation of America. There's a new Chairman of the Board, a man called Frank Hackett, sitting in Mr. Ruddy's office on the twentieth floor. And when the twelfth largest company in the world controls the most awesome God-damned propoganda force in the whole godless world, who knows what **** will be peddled for truth on this network?

Howard Beale: [ascending the stage] So, you listen to me. Listen to me: Television is not the truth! Television is a God-damned amusement park! Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God! Go to your gurus! Go to yourselves! Because that's the only place you're ever going to find any real truth.

The Dark Knight (it totally had a political message!), V for Vendetta (the graphic novel's way better, tho)

• Chelfi

Bulworth. Parallax View.

One of my favorites is "My Fellow Americans" with Jack Lemmon and James Garner as two former presidents othat are framed for a crime and must try clear their names and save their lives.

take a special look at Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz"

The Distinguished Gentleman with Eddie Murphy. I think it sums up Congress beautifully.

I liked the one where GW Bush was assasinated. It brought much needed hope to America in very trying times.

The Ides of March is amazing.

Spaceballs: they had republican war types that poisoned their own planet, so they had to conquer another for the air.