can i get into the University of Michigan?

Im a high school freshman and we recently ended the 1st semester. I have a 92 average so far, but im not in any honors yet. Im mean a club that does community service. Im on the basketball team and hear I have potential. I would love to get a scholorship I plan on starting sat/act courses this summer. what do I have to do to get into the U of M??

Favorite Answer

The University of Michigan is looking for around a 3.8-3.9 GPA which correlates to a 94-96 average. They expect that you are challenging yourself by taking AP and honors classes (so make sure you sign up for some in sophomore year, or talk to your counselor to arrange for them). In terms of testing they expect approximately a 30 ACT or around a 2050 SAT. Don't forget to sign up for more extracurricular activities as well, the majority of Michigan applicants have been the president of a club by senior year, and are involved in several others.

Make sure above all else that your GPA (or percentage in your case) remains very high, as it is by far the most important piece of your application. You can get in with a high GPA and low test scores, but it is almost never the other way around.

Call an official from the school and ask what they look for as far as entry requirement's.