What are you top 5 movies of all time?

My top 5 movies would have to be...

1. The Departed ( Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and Martin Sheen ) - I love gangster movies and with it being based in Boston ( and on the Irish Mafia ) I have a HUGE attachment to the film. Plus DiCaprio's performance as William Costigan Jr. was fantastic!

2. The Fighter ( Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and Melissa Leo ) - I have always had a thing for movies that start from the bottom and rise to the top. The Fighter does that better than any other movie I have seen. It simply out does most boxing movies because of the great and dramatic back story. Christian Bale stole the show with his Academy Award Winning perfomance of Dicky Eklund.

3. The Dark Knight ( Starring: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, and Aaron Eckhart ) - Since I was a little kid Batman had always been my favorite superhero. After Batman Forever, I feared Batman would never be done justice. Until Batman Begins. When I first saw Batman Begins I couldnt wait for The Dark Knight to be realesed. I was very sceptical about Ledger playing The Joker, but when I saw the film, I was blown out of my ******* mind. Heath Leger was The Joker, and for the most part is the reason I love this film

4. Good Will Hunting ( Starring: Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Minnie Driver, Robin Williams, and Stellan Skarsgard ) - When I first saw this film I didnt know what to accpect. I was nervous for the soul purpose that I had never heard of Matt Damon. I was hoping that he wasnt going to be another young gun actor who didnt have a talented ******* bone in his body. Boy was I wrong! The chemisty between Will and Shawn ( Damon and Williams ) was absoulutley marvelous! There is really not much more to comment on this film except for the word: WOW.

5. Walk The Line ( Starring: Joaquin Phoniex, Reese Witherspoon, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Robert Patrick ) - Before this movie, I must tell you, I was never a fan of Johnny Cash. I wasnt going to see this movie until my girlfriend said I had to see it. I sat down and snuggled on the couch with her to watch it, accpeting this to be a movie Id sleep through. When it began to play, I was sure it was going to be bad. Then all of the sudden my eyes were glued to the screen. I must say that Phoniex and Witherspoon did a fantastic job as John and June and I believe Witherspoon definetly deserves the Oscar for that film.

Now tell me what are your 5 favorite films?

Other Favorites:

The Prestige

Blood Diomand

Batman Begins

Inception

Im Not There

Brokeback Mountian

Aviator

Favorite Answer

you have good taste in movies, I've seen most of those movies and they're all really good (the departed is definitely my favorite movie of the past 10 years). my favorites in no order are:

Pulp Fiction (Samuel Jackson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis, Ving Rhames, Christopher Walkern, Ammanda Plummer, Harvey Keitel, and Quentin Tarantino)- This movie is one of those of the most entertaining movies ever made, and has one of the greatest scripts ever written. Tarantino really did a phenomenal job with this movie, the writing and the directing. This movie is so funny even though it's not really comedy. It pretty much changed cinema and influenced film directors for years to come.

2001: A Space Odyssey (Gary Lockwood, Keir Dullea, and Douglas Rain as HAL 9000). Stanley Kubrick might be my favorite director of all time, and this is greatest masterpiece. This movie is just so mind-blowing and amazing. It's one of the only movies that so visually stunning that it actually makes the classical music that goes with it better. And the scene where HAL reads lips is so brilliant and kind of scary. 2001 shows the infinite possibilities of movies, it's hard to believe it was made in 1968.

Raging Bull (Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci)- Martin Scorsese has made so many great films (for example: The departed) but this is probably my favorite because of the performances. Robert DeNiro gives my favorite performance of all time as Jake LaMotta, an angry and self destructive Boxer; a raging bull. His and Pesci's performances along with the beautiful black white style make this one of the most interesting and brutal character studies ever made.

Back to the Future (Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd)- This movie is the probably the funnest movie I've ever seen. It's action packed and hilarious. This is one of those movies that reminds me why I love to watch movies in the first place: to escape reality and just enjoy myself. This movie is also expertly made, the script is funny and Robert Zemeckis did a great directing job. The scene where Marty finds out about the time machine in the parking lot is expertly shot, basically it's the one long shot that never cuts away and two actors continuously switch positions, one being the foreground and the other the background, and you can simultaneously see their facial expressions and reactions. I also love the sequels btw, just not as much.

Terms of Endearment (Shirley Mcclaine, Debra Winger, Jack Nicholson, Jeff Daniels, John Lithgow and Danny DeVito)- This is movie blends comedy and drama like no other. The performances are fantastic, everyone just feels so real. That's probably my favorite thing about it, the fact that it feels so authentic and honest rather than manipulative, because it does get emotional. I won't spoil the ending in case you have not seen it, but it's really great and moving. It's the kind of movie I usually don't go for yet I love it.

Other favorites (In no order):

Shawshank Redemptioon

A Clockwork Orange

Taxi Driver

The Departed

Saving Private Ryan

12 Angry Men

City Lights

Schindler's List

Fargo

The Dark Knight

The Big Lebowski

Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail

There Will be Blood

Spirited Away

The Empire Strikes Back

Fight Club

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

1

Source(s): Extra Cash Writing http://givitry.info/WritingJobsOnline
  • Anne

Comedy: 1. Coming To America (1988) 2. Clerks (1994) 3. Dracula: Dead And Loving It (1995) 4. Liar Liar (1997) 5. Bio-Dome (1996) Horror: 1. Dawn Of The Dead (1978) 2. Nosferatu (1922) 3. The Exorcist (1973) 4. The Thing (1982) 5. Cannibal Holocaust (1980) My top 5 movies: 1. Cleks 2 (2006) 2. The Breakfast Club (1985) 3. American Psycho (2000) 4. Resevoir Dogs (1992) 5. Braindead (1992)

• woodi

We got 2 of the same....Cool.

The Departed

Mystic River

TaeGukGi: The Brotherhood of War

Good Will Hunting

The Godfather 2

Other Favorites:

No Country for Old Men

The Godfather

12 Angry Men

Se7en

Inception

The Artist

Magnolia

Goodfellas

Scarface- Due to casting and make the story more alive and best Pachino movie. And Say Hello To My Little Friend is the best quote in movie history

Face/off- Due to original storyline that follow both good and the bad guy plus the john woo feel help too. So it action with a storyline

Street fighter 2\Alpha - Ok i am talking about the anime version this both movie is a tie and it the first video game based movie look good. I hate the live action movies with a passion

Happy Gilmore- Alright it one of Sandler's best film and til this day it still make me laugh and has the best happy ending. Come on it the Bob Barker part make this movie to a classic.

Shinjuku Incident-This one is a hidden gem it Japanese Scarface but it a Jackie Chan movie.Two idea that no one see it coming it skeleton is based on scarface but it different due to Chan who is the main character's role. It feels like the movie WAR for the realism but best Chan role ever made. Plus it the only movie that Chan get Spoiler* and that the only movie that happens

Jaws

Taxi Driver

Apocalypse Now

Close Encounters

Blade Runner

1. Ugly Truth

2. Schindler List

3. How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days

4. Yes Man

5. Iron Man

1. GoodFellas

2. The Departed

3. Pulp fiction

4. requiem for a dream

5. the kingdom

id say dark knight, inception, fight club and ninja assasin would be by next few

Titanic

Forrest Gump

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows parts 1 & 2 (I count them as 1 movie)

Inception

The Sound of Music

1 - Twelve Angry Men.

2 - Rear Window

3 - Midnight in Paris

4 - The Artist

5 - Vertigo