Question for Mature Christians to explain to Baby Christians.Matthew 5:17-19..?

"Think not that I have come to destroy the law or the prophets; I am not come to destroy but fulfill. For verily,I say unto you,Till Heaven and Earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled. Whosoever shall break one of these least commandments{the Ten} and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven ; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called the great in Heaven."

My thought is.. is Jesus telling us HOW to live in His word and be obedient to it, and not about losing Salvation here.?

I am asking about the least in the kngdom and Great in the Kingdom..different levels for the saved..Is this so?

Favorite Answer

We fulfil the Law through Love not human Efforts. Living Holy will be rewarded in This Life and in eternity. The moral law is still fully intact. Only the ceremonial law was done away with. Thru and with.a pure heart are we able to live free. Breaking and teaching others to break the Law leads to destruction. But entrance into the Kingdom is found in Jesus. Not by works but because of grace.

This passage has nothing to do with loving one's salvation at all. It is about Jesus fulfilling a law that man never could. The law was put in place to remind us of the holiness of God and to show man that he is a sinner. Man never could fulfill the entire letter of the law, which is why the Jews had to offer their best animals for blood atonement sacrifices, under that law. As said in Galatians 3:25, the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. Having said that, many believe that the OT laws are no longer applicable and we, as New Testament Christians can ignore it. This is not the case either. The ten commandments are still the basis of our moral laws, but they no longer justify man. Mankind can only be justified through Jesus Christ, no through any works of his own hands, or efforts. As a Christian we are called unto good works(Ephesians 2;10), and God gives us a desire to obey his precepts, and even take joy in them! So we still need to learn and obey that which is pleasing in God's eyes. We are still not to worship idols and make graven images, we are still not to murder, or steal or covet. We are still to honour our parents etc... There is now no reason for sacrifices as Jesus became our sacrificial Lamb. However when the temple is built again, offerings will resume, but not for justification anymore. Jesus is telling us that he is the only one qualified to fulfill all the laws and so we are to look to him for salvation and that we are still to obey the commanments and precepts he tells us of through the gospels and the rest of the New Testament. Galatians 3 is a good chapter to read regarding the place of the law and faith in the life of a Christian.

Source(s): KJV
  • Thomas

He also told the rich man that kept all these commands from his youth on up to give everything he had to the poor and come follow him. What people fail to realize is that the Apostles built communities based on loving your neighbor as yourself and lived by it. They did not live amongst the ungodly. For instance, when was the last time you loved your neighbor as your self? When was the last time you could remember your neighbor loving you as himself? There are Christian communities developing along these lines. These corporate churches only offer lip service in a building, not a community.

All praise be to Yahuwah in the name Yahushuwah!

this verse was not directed at christians but his own people israel

israel was told by god to keep the law

jesus told them he did not come to wipe out the law or what the prophets had foretold of prophecy but to fulfill it.

as long as heaven and earth remain god's law will remain

not one punctuation mark will move from the law till it is all fulfilled

the commandments were not the ten in exodus chapter 20 but all the commandments of the law

the law remains because it convicts us all as sinners

no one can keep the law

we all break it

Romans 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

you can not be found in favor with god by keeping the law because it makes us sinners

we break it and can not keep it

we become sinners worthy of death and hell.

Romans 3:23

King James Version (KJV)

23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23

King James Version (KJV)

23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

to free us from hell jesus died on the cross and arose from the dead

our faith in him saves us from being sent to hell and our sins are forgiven

romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

In this instance, I think law has a broad meaning, to include the law and the prophets. good question. I wish I had more thought on this.

• David

No, it describes relative place within the Kingdom of Heaven.

Romans 8:38-39 (KJV) 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Nope. He lived a perfect life in our place. Our righteousness is imputed onto us because He died for our sins.

Here is the gospel:

Now I would remind you, brothers,[a] of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

No other gospel:

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

If the bible is true, then why doesn't God make humans who can comprehend it and understand it without questions? And why have been over 3000 versions OF this bible?

And what about all the books left out or changed around? Why the confusion?

Therefore, if ye do not remember to be charitable, ye are as dross, which the refiners do cast out, (it being of no worth) and is trodden under foot of men.