Jehovah's Witnesses: Just curious...?

I'm just curious as to what is really going on, on Y!A. I've been reading some questions and answers to said questions and I don't think they have invented a word to describe how I feel. Appalled and shocked are simply too mild. What is really going on? So far I've never seen this happen until now. In the past there have been similar incidents, until some how or the other, certain persons put two and two together. Now there seems to be a "rift" going on and it's happening publicly as well.

1. What is going on?

2. Do you realize how your words affect how others view us?

CatSamuel too many diseases floating around :-P I want to live to see at least 60.

@ joli then I'll have a list as long as my arm.

@ Happy in The Truth this is what I'm talking about. You can't make blanket statements about people. Secondly, the fact that you guys can actually access her questions and so forth says something. Plus, being a teenager has it's challenges. If you are to base everything on what people post on Y!A then who is to say who is a Witness and who is not? Anyone can pretend to anyone on here. And from the way things are going, it seems that persons are questioning who is a Witness and who is not. It's altogether surprising for a lack of a better word.

There is a little lesson I've learnt in my short life. Nothing stops someone from doing what they want. The same people who do things contrary to what Jehovah says, are the same ones who are baptized Witnesses, pioneers, elders and so forth. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but it has happened. So for a moment let's say all of this is true. She is 15, she is a pioneer. When she was 12 she did these things and no one found about it. She continues her life trying to push that aside, and she it seems that she is unable to do so. Despite having a murky past, and acknowledging it does this really concrete that she isn't a Witness? And she has added anti-Witnesses. How do you know this? I can't even access her profile. When I first came on here I would have added d/f J.W.s as well simply because I didn't know who is who. I got a long list of who were apostates. What makes you think she has had that opportunity? Why would someone go out of their way to create an a

@ Sugarbee it'll be impossible for me to talk with this user as their profile is blocked 100%. Which is why I'm having a hard time understanding how all this information has been gained.

A Zebra Striking At Heart I've been reading random questions, random answers. I've been around Witnesses long enough to know what is "right" and what is "wrong". Flaws are what make us human. We all make mistakes, but doing something continuously raises a red flag. I've been extremely wary of anyone who claims to be a Witness. There are a few people I know for sure that are Witnesses. Why I know this? Because I've read their responses to people's questions. There's something different to what the rest posts. There have been divisions in the past, all I'm saying is that I noted that several users got extremely wary of other users. At the end of the day, the entire thing reflects poorly on us. No one seems to answer the second question.

@ Hello Me! I'm not going to answer any questions about any thing in relation to past or current yearbooks. If anyone wants to check back my answers or questions to hint "bad fruitage" then they'll find a lot of things because I'm not a perfect human being. I've made mistakes in the past and I will continue to make them. No one has the authority to judge over another person. Jehovah ultimately has that authority.

@ A Zebra Striking At Heart I've tried responding to your email, but I can't. I keep getting back your profile page. Email the cook and tell her to send you a copy of my reply. All in all - I have my reasons.

@ A Zebra Striking At Heart The reasons are personal and private.

Favorite Answer

Here’s the problem with many of the Jehovah’s Witnesses online here at Yahoo Answers. They want to categorize everyone into two camps: the righteous worshippers of Jehovah and the dog-vomit-loving apostates. Unless a Jehovah’s Witness totally toes the party line, the rest are quick to label him as a traitor in the battle against the apostate hordes. Many of your JWs online are totally militaristic in your attitudes and behaviors. Like Mindy (and others), you search through a person’s prior Q/A to detect any hint of bad fruitage. If you don’t pass this test with perfect results, you are labeled a “bad association” and all the other JWs block you as well as warning their contacts to do the same.

I’m going to be brutally honest with you. The fact that you are questioning the behavior of some of your brothers and sisters online will not go well for you. Already, they are suspecting that you are collaborating with the enemy or dining at the table of demons. If you want to maintain association with the Jehovah’s Witnesses online here, I suggest you delete this question right away and proceed to condemn the Trinitarians as Satan-worshippers or cancerous sores on the butt. If you pick up this mentality of waging a holy jihad on the infidels, you well be welcomed with open arms.

But if you continue to call for kindness and sensitivity, then some JW will ask you to prove yourself by identifying content from the 2012 Yearbook. Once you start getting those sorts of questions, you can pretty much kiss your association goodbye. You’ll be labeled a “bad association” or an apostate pretending to be a Jehovah’s Witness.

You don’t want to mess with the warriors of Jehovah on Yahoo Answers. They’ll eat you up and spit you out. That is how they roll.

ok im sorry for your inconvenience and as a jehovah's witness we want everyone to come to know who God actually is. I am also sorry that on the internet satan has free reign as to whats going on so he can be very involved in every single answer or question im not saying that he is in everyone of them but he can make things look true and im sorry to say it but no one can tell you what the actual truth is you have to decide for yourself which kind of life you would like to have you can have a very exciting short lived life now or you can enjoy the blessings of having an everlasting life in the future... im not saying that everyone else would be bad some people are good and thats their choice again i wish i could help you but if you read the bible then you and you alone can choose what you want to do with your life.

said from an actual 19 yr old jehovah's witness look me up and i can prove it

• Suzy

I have not seen what I believe you are talking about(meaning the posts, not closing my eyes to it). None the less, I would like to think our Bro's and Sis' would keep from such things but I know it does happen. We all know that people will be weeded out as things progress. What a person says in public shows what is in their heart. If I have said anything to offend anyone, I am truly sorry and will do my best to not do it anymore. Being human, we need to check ourselves on how we respond to others and not hurt feelings.

Thank you sister for this reminder as it's Jehovah we hurt with a word.

• Yes Rachel, I am fully aware how my words can affect others and that is why I think very carefully before I respond and in many occasions, I go to answer and then do not, because it just does not feel right to answer.

I do find that many of our spiritual family answer with what I consider to be very unchristian answers or even just plain blunt that does not help the questioner and especially if they are extreme mental stress. I actually think it cold when the answer is: please go into our official website and nothing else or read the bible etc. We would not say this at the door!

So yes, I am sad that I have to agree that some of us do not think first before we give an answer.

As for a sense in the air of things not being quite right. I feel that if this is true, which I hasten to add, I don't get that impression, it could well be to do with a sister who calls herself 9th grader. I have not heard of her before, so it shocked me when I saw her question. We have spoken by email and I thought that she would be content with what we discussed, but then she posed another attack at us and I chose not to respond, because all this does is give ammunition to all those apposed to us.

Sis may I suggest you join JWTalks.net. I have only been using this forum for a very short while and find it beautifully uplifting.

You are right that we are imperfect and make mistakes every day, but remember what I said: this should not give us an excuse to make these mistakes and that we should make sure that we are spotless so concentrate on our own thoughts and actions. Of course, there are some actions that needs to be said, but mostly it has to be a case, of us looking to ourselves first and hey, that isn't easy is it my sweet?

I am sorry if you feel upset by what you have read on here so if you want, you can always message me and we can have a chat.

There is no disunity or conflict.

It’s been invented by a certain apostate posing as a 9th grade high school girl. If you read through the questions and answers, that should be totally obvious. You know how it sometimes upsets the apostates when that term is used? Well, clever & conniving as they are, they had to come up with a new account to attack Jehovah’s Witnesses. But there are no problems now because this individual has been blocked by most everyone.

Did you know she's now buddy-buddy with well known opposers and apostates? I think that's been the big clue for most people here. By the way, she claims to be a pioneer, but elsewhere claims to be exchanging inappropriate photographs with a 23 year old man. Does this sound like something a faithful Witness of Ja would be doing? I personally don't think so.

Edit: I think most of the brothers & sisters have come to the same conclusion I have. Have you been emailing back and forth with this "9th-grader?" If so, I would urge extreme caution.

• danman

With jw acting out as they do here, what possible reason would any opposer, apostate, minion of the devil, even want to pretend to be a jw?

Most ex-jw like myself can barely tolerate the constant Watchtower speak and repetitive cut and paste from the Watchtower journals and books, that are spammed every day on YA.

Even if you or any jw has proof that some 'worldly' ex-jw is playing games, does it justify the display we witnessed today? Or should 'true christians' follow Jesus and "turn the other cheek"? How does any of this bickering do anyone a lick of good?

If the jw who so passionately accuse and then block even those they really do not know, and then brag about it, would just stop and think how these behaviors only confirm what most of us ex-jw already know....it proves that membership in a mind controlling cult is destructive to the mind and heart of all involved.

I tend to stay away and ignore all of this drama, whether real or imagined. I think a lot of it is imagined - some people posing as JWs.

Rachel, true Witnesses ARE united...please be sure you're not corresponding with an apostate, little Sis.

Agape

• mom

sister, there are some opening up new accounts to tell lies about us and I notice you have some apostates who are answering this question.

I have said this before and I will say it again, the Witnesses that post here do not accurately reflect the people I knew when I was active.

Yes there were flaws and I attribute a great many of the stressful situations to the atmosphere created by Bethel. I used to be a big supporter of the witnesses online (before the crackdown) and I was very supportive of other people beliefs. I would reason with them, listen to their views and ask questions, but the outright mocking, rudeness and insults from those claiming to be witnesses is... different.

For what it's worth, I have respect for you calling out others like this. There seems to an unspoken rule that Witnesses can't call out other witnesses for wrong behavior, it would give a bad witness to seem fractured, so they allow each other to slowly sink deeper and deeper.

Personally, I try to post from what I view as the truth. I understand that it is not a welcome opinion from many witnesses, but still, I do try to research and validate any point I make. I don't foam at the mouth when a negative press article comes out about the witnesses and accept it because I need to Society to be as evil as I have constructed them to be in my mind.

For what it's worth, I do think that this account from the 9th Grader is a duplicate account of an ex-witnesses. There have been others like it, made by both witnesses and ex-witnesses alike. When you can't change someone's mind, you try to fake it so it seems like you are having success.

I am not going to change anyone's mind here, nor will I be suddenly swayed to return to meetings. Calling a spade a spade, both witnesses and ex-witnesses here are just volleying back and forth until an undecided pops up, than the game is on.

The difference is, Witnesses have a rule book to follow, I no longer do. The Witnesses here seem to have forgotten that they are supposed have a guide for how to behave so as to give a fine witness by their behavior. It's a shame you seem to be looked at suspiciously for reminding them of that.