Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Why do and did Catholic churches settle lawsuits for child sex abuse when it never happended?

Some of my Catholic friends tell me that since it is impossible for a priest to do such things because God would not allow it, all these allegations are lies and just designed to smear the Catholic faith and make lawyers rich.

• Keith
    Favorite Answer

Priests are NOT divine beings, nor is the Pope infallible. To make such a claim a person must elevate mortal humans and put them on an equal with God. I've encountered a good many Catholics who have been brainwashed to the point that they actually believe it. The lawsuits were based on meritous cases and the Church did try to hide these pedophiles and downplay the severity of their crimes. They kept moving these sick people around, knowing what a danger they presented, in order to protect the image of the Church. I'm a former Catholic and this is one of many reasons I left the Church. I thought the apologies were mechanical and lukewarm at best. So did many others, as indicated when the membership declined drastically in the wake of those atrocities being exposed.

Really IMPOSIBBLE.. From Your Roman Catholic Friends ( Who now are " Catholic" I wonder why

the Name Change?

It is Not Good for man to Be alone?

Never Happened.. Really .. Zillions of Billions dollars paid out through the Century and never Happened? Wow All must have a horrid Legal System to charge Innocenet HOLY ROMAN

CATHOLICS FATHERS.. They Even Sold Churches to See for the Legal and Settlement of Lawsuit

IMPOSSIBLE FOR A PRIEST TO BE SINGLE ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE

FIrstly in TImothy 4. It States that a Bishop should be the Husband of One Wife.

Rabbis Marry. Greek Orthodox Katholikos ( Gr First Universal Christians of the First Greek

New Testament and All First Greek Scriptures Marry as It is written

EXCEPT THE ROMAN CATHOLICS PRIESTS? I WONDER WHY?

Can you show me that a PRIEST SHOULD BE ALONE ( Perhaps after his Wife Dies and they are old

and Then They Became ARCHBISHOPS .. ( in the True Churches )

But Young handsome priests Do not Stay Single. ( We follow what is written.)

IT IS NOT GOOD FOR MAN TO BE ALONE

Roland .. Yes the POPE ( Gr Father) is Infallible in the Roman Catholic Church.. He has the

and INFALLIBILITY Privilege. .ONCE ANY PERSON HAS AN INFALLIBILITY PRIVILEGE HE IS

INFALLIBLE

OUR PRIEST ARCHBISHOP NOR ANYONE ELSE DOES NOT ( WE HAVE SYNODS )

TO COME TO AN UNDERSTANDING OF DOCTRINE LAWS ( NOT THE POPE IN ANY WAY

ICXC NIKA

Kyrie Eleison

I am Catholic, and yes, the sex abuse unfortunately DID happen. Those men should've never been ordained and they are a disgrace. My own parish priest was accused of misconduct and was forced to enter early retirement. So, yes, action was taken against the bad priests.

The short answer is: it's cheaper and more expedient to just throw money at the problem until it goes away -- it's not as if the Church is strapped for cash...

Then why settle in civil court or out of court if nothing happened?

Some of your friends aren't thinkers.

you and your conspiracy theories