Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

what color to dip dye my hair?

I have dirty blonde hair, like a honey color and its long. I want to dip dye it but I don't want just a shade lighter or a shade darker like most people do, I want a crazy color. But I don't really know what would look good on darker blonde hair? Any suggestions? :)

And yes, another question, if I go through it and dip dye it, will it be very difficult getting my blonde color back afterward when I'm sick of the dip dye?

Thank you lots :))

Favorite Answer

You shouldn't go straight into dying it! Find a colour that you like first, then try a wash in wash out dye, that way, if you dont like it, you can wash it out and have your normal hair colour back. Then if you do then get a permanent one:-) Depending on your skin tone, if you want to try something outrageous, go for a dark red purple colour!

Source(s): experience!!!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what color to dip dye my hair?

And yes, another...

Source(s): color dip dye hair: https://shortly.im/PDa52

Pink, blue, purple, red...I've done my hair all of these colors and loved it! However, depending on the dye you use it can be hard to change it without dying all of your hair or cutting it. I use the brand Splat! to dye my hair because it is the most vibrant and stays in the best, however, you can't even bleach the color out so you have to die a darker color over it if you change your mind or let it fade or something like that.

Blue would be a cool colour - I used to have bright blue hair! I have a friend with the same hair colour as you, crazy colours fade within about 4-6 weeks, so don't worry about getting your blonde colour back when you're sick of the dye.

Dip dying is great, because when one colour fades you can experiment with other colours!

Hope this helps.

Source(s): My hair dying experience. I've been blonde, ginger, red, blue, purple & brunette!

Try either Manic Panic dye or Splat. They are both good with awesome colors (Splat even has glow in the dark!!!)

I use Manic Panic, My friend uses Splat. She used the red and the blue to do ike an almost cotton candy theme and it looks awesome. I like Enchanted Forest color of Manic panic. Its like a bluish-green color and super pretty :)

for honey colored hair... maybe hot pink would look nice!

Pink! Like a baby pink colour! And try a wash in wash out one first, not a full on one, so it wont stay then, and then if you dont like it it will wash out within a few washes. But if you then do like it, get a semi permanent one, which is practically permanent, but A LOT better for your hair, and will fade slightly, and i would then would just keep dip dying it with the semi permanent colour, you will know when to redye it. It wont was out untill a few monthes. A lot of the directions colours are really good! I dyed mine red with that, and it was AWSOME! :')

• Sandra

I have dark blonde hair and i had my hair dip-dyes dark pink and it looked fab! But if you want a normal colour, a lighter blonde would look nice!

Woohoo! lol err dirty blonde? I'd go for lilac or blue. Pink suits ash blonde girls. As long as you don't dye too much of it, you can easily chop off the ends once you're sick of the colour lol

manic panic do some good colour dyes but don't keep them in too long cuz they're pretty pigmented! goodluck

Purple is always a good colour as it goes with any skin colour, also aqua blue...

I used to have blonde hair and was always seriously tempted to go a bright pink kind of colour...

Use a lot of colors. Say, have an undertone of black then put streaks of pink or green. And if you get tired of it, getting back your natural hair color will not be that hard. :D