Why do people still like Chris Brown?

I mean, people still like his music, buy his music, and obsess over him with posters on thier wall. I don't understand. Do people honestly think it's okay that he beat up Rihanna? I don't like either of them, especially Rihanna because apparently they're back together (don't even get me started on that). But NO ONE deserves to be beat up. I don't care that people make mistakes, honestly, beating a woman shouldn't be tolerated EVER, under any circumstances. Chris Brown didn't even go to jail... So why is it that people so easily forget that this cocky idiot is a monster??? I mean, I wouldn't be half as mad if he didn't act like such an arrogant bastard all the time... So really, if you DO still like him, WHY!? What is the appeal of a horrible, abusive, untalented, idiot?

@Evangeline, Lol, I actually am NOT a feminist. Feminists actually annoy the crap out of me, but from a young age, I've been taught that a man is to never hurt a lady, which is something I can't ever shake, so yeah to me, it's worse for a man to hit a woman. That's because in general, men are stronger than women. Of course, I hate the idea that women can slap their boyfriends without anyone making a big deal out of it, but a slap is MUCH different than punching and biting. I don't think anyone should ever hit someone under any circumstances (unless it's boxing or mma).

Probation is hardly punishment...

• Mary
    Favorite Answer

I agree with you 100%. Chris Brown is a woman beater and the fact that people still love and support him shocks me. How could you love and support a woman beater? Chris Brown committed a serious crime. He committed a felony, yet he was allowed to basically walk free and only got probation and anger management classes. Ridiculous! What he did was wrong and unacceptable and shouldn't be taken lightly just because he's a celebrity. Had Chris Brown been just another average guy who beat his girlfriend he wouldn't have gotten any sympathy whatsoever, so why should it be any different because he's a celebrity. Chris Brown should have serve hard jail time just like anyone else would have. He (or any celebrity for that matter) should NEVER get special treatment just because they're rich and famous. I am a firm believer in "If you do the crime, You do the time" no if, and, or but about it. Chris Brown have anger management issues and clearly those anger management classes did nothing for him. Let's not forget that GMA incident where he busted out that window simply because he was repeatedly asked about the Rihanna incident. Chris Brown could have injured and even killed hundreds of innocent people that day (and all because he was asked about the Rihanna incident). Bottom line is that Chris Brown is nothing but a woman beater who has anger management issues and I am so sick and tired of people saying "Oh, it was 2 years ago let it go" I don't care if it was 2 years or 10 years ago. Chris Brown committed a crime and it shouldn't just be let go easily. What if he had killed her? Would people still be saying "Oh, let it go"? I don't think so. By letting Chris Brown off easily you saying that it is ok for guys to beat on women. Is that the kind of example you want to set? Really? People need to realize that domestic abuse is a very serious crime and people who commit this crime (whether man or woman, celebrity or not) should be punish to the fullest. Period! Yes Chris Brown is very talented but that shouldn't excuse what he did and by supporting him you are supporting a woman beater, which is wrong. Just because a person is talented and rich doesn't mean they should be allow to walk free of a crime. Period!

What I want to know is if Chris Brown had killed Rihanna that day would people still love and support him? Would he had gotten away with murder?

(That's what I want to know)

Oh, and no I'm not saying Rihanna was (or is) an angel, not by any means. Some people say she provoked him or she hit him first. I don't know. Maybe she did or maybe she didn't but that still doesn't justified what he did. Chris Brown beat Rihanna terribly. Rihanna was almost unrecognizable in that photo. Some people also say that he was defending himself against her. If she was hitting / beating him first why wasn't there any marks and scars on him? Plus, that probably wasn't the first time he beat her. Bottom line is that Chris Brown is a woman beater and I have no respect for a man (oops I mean low life coward because a real man would never hit a woman) who beat on women. Period!

Oh, and I don't understand why any woman would want to date and/or marry him. He is a woman beater. Why would you want to date and/or marry a woman beater? If he beat a woman once and got away with it he will do it again and the next girl might not be so lucky. Bottom line is that Chris Brown is a woman beater. Period!

This is just my personal opinion about Chris Brown.

Why wouldn't people still like Chris Brown? He is a talented young man. So he got in an altercation with his then girlfriend Rihanna. He hit her. Wrong. Chris should not have put his hands on her, but he did. Sometime life puts things in front of you to go through for you to become a better person. At this point I don't believe you could pay Chris to hit a woman. Now the real question, why do people still watch and support that Perv Woody Allen?

Nobody really knows the full story and Rihanna is no angel. I love Chris Brown, I don't really like his music. There's more to it than him just beating up Rihanna, there's no way she can be totally innocent in it all. I also like Rihanna and love some of her music so I'm not picking sides. Who says all she was doing is slapping him? I do agree with you about how men should never hit women. Well I think they shouldn't in 98% of situations.

• why are you even asking this question? some people will always love chris brown, just how some people will always love rhianna. obviously you don't like chris brown and if you don't well don't listen to his music. it's simple chris hit rihanna, is that so abnormal?!? if rihanna was just some any girl on the streets(well which she is lol but i mean not in the lime life) the media would stop bringing it up. it's not cuz she's a woman it because she's famous that people wont leave chris brown alone. and you ask why do people still like chris brown? because he's talented! you call him a "horrible, abusive, untalented, idiot" well that's not all together true just cuz he hit a woman that doesn't mean he's not talented. and well those are your views and if you feel that way than don't listen to chris brown-it's that simple. by the way i like chris brown a lot because he clearly have talent. he can Rap\Sing\dance\and act.leave chris ALONE their are far worst people out their you think people are angles but their NOT. i like his music the same way i like eminem,lil wayne, MGK,chris webby,tyga,drake,etc. i like their music, not what they do in their personnel lives, that's their lives. so just enjoy the music!!!!!!!!

Man,, when you said "no one" I thought you weren't those silly biased women. But you're probably one of those chicks that haven't got much problem with some girl getting pissed off at her boyfriend and slapping him but if let's say a man has rage issues and the woman picks it off to all hell and they snap and make a mistake, they're some sort of monster.

Let me correct you. Beating ANYONE shouldn't be tolerated EVER under any circumstances. (However just like other physical assaults there's got to be a time where you at least forgive if they're sorry... however if they're not no matter how much time passes they need no forgiveness.) It is wrong, and being a sexist is as well. Have a nice day.

he's a celebrity....come on...which is the equivalent of a saint in some people's eyes. no matter what he does, he'll always be dear to somebody's heart. personally, i like his music. i don't care about anything else.(what goes on in that singer/dancer/actor/actress/etc. life.)

i believe people should be treated equally

Thugs like other thugs.

Whores like thugs too.

And little girls find him cute.

the same reason why people still like Bobby Brown..

Chris apologized, got punished (5 years probation) and moved on

Rihanna accepted the apology and moved on

End of Story