jmanwwe asked in SportsWrestling · 8 years ago

Could the Big Show/Cody Rhodes "feud" be leading to better things for both men?

OK so I thought this "feud" would lead to a WM28 match between the two. HOWEVER, after further examination (and wishful thinking), I've come to the conclusion that Show & Rhodes are actually creating TWO INDIVIDUAL FEUDS that will involve other people. Hear me out:

When Cody showed that video of when Big Show faced Akebono at WM21, My guess was that he was trying to embarass Show because he lost to a celebrity. I mean, I know Akebono is a sumo wrestler but he's not a WWE wrestler so it was embarrassing for Show to lose at a huge WWE event.

And then, in the last few months, I thought about how Cody has feuded with Booker T, who's a legend; he eliminated various legends at the Rumble like Booker T, Mick Foley, Jim Duggan, & Jerry Lawler; and now he's picking on Big Show, who's a legend in his own right. My guess is that Cody having all these interactions with legends is a build up to a match with Goldust, his brother.

Cody embarrassing Show is just a way, in Cody's mind, to further make a name for himself. I predict that on the next RAW, Show will have a match like he did with Henry tonight and Cody will interrupt again. He will show a video of Show getting KO'ed by Floyd Mayweather at WM24, which will further embarrass Show. This will prompt Show to challenge Cody to a match on SD and Cody will accept. Also note that next week, I predict that Shaq will be announced as the Guest Host for the March 5th edition of RAW.

Then, on that SD, Cody will have a backstage run-in with his brother, Dustin Rhodes (Goldust), and Goldust says that he wants to talk to Cody and ask him why he feels the need to embarrass these legends like Show in order to make a name for himself. He will also recall the run-ins they had in December and January to add depth to the story. Then Cody insults him and leaves. Then Show faces Cody and Goldust comes down during the match and tells Cody they need to talk, which distracts him. Cody tells him to leave and then he turns around and gets hit with the WMD and Show wins the match. Cody becomes irate and the Cody-Goldust feud builds from then on.

Then on the March 5th RAW, Shaq is in the ring cutting a promo and Big Show comes out. He says to Shaq that Cody showing those vids ignited something in him. He says he remembers last time they met in the ring and Shaq knocked Show down. He knew at that moment that Shaq could handle himself in the ring. He says he wants to avenge those 2 embarrassing celebrity match losses by challenging one of the world biggest celebs in Shaq to a match at WM28 and Shaq accepts and then Show hits him with the WMD, solidifying Show's heel turn.

So, I know I over thought this, but if you made it to the end of this question, do you like my idea and do you think it could happen or not?

Favorite Answer

Definitely I like the idea of using the Cody Rhodes vs Biig Show feud lead into an eventual feud for both of them respectively at Wrestlemaina 28. When I first saw that these two were about to feud after what happened in the Battle Royal I facepalmed in dissappointment because a match between the two at Wrestlemania wouldn't accomplish much for both man. I think using this mini feud right now would be a great way of opening the Big Show/Shaq & Cody/Goldust match for Mania.

Thats actually exactly how it should be from here on out. WWE should keep building Rhodes up as some new Legend Killer and have Shaq guest host an episode of Raw where Show can challenge him and finally become an intimidating heel monster again. Good idea