A college degree for graphic design?

Would a college degree help me in this field? Is there anyway i could get into this field without going to college, maybe an apprenticeship.

Favorite Answer

Yes, Santa Fe University offers a Graphic Design program. They describe it as..."students are introduced to timeless philosophies and contemporary theory while mastering the latest tools, techniques, and mediums. Classes present the opportunity for students to work on a variety of real-world and experimental projects while exploring collaborative processes and the fine art of client satisfaction."

• College is best because it'll teach you ideas such as composition, design elements, and many many other things. I believe that having a college degree will open so many doors for you. While an apprenticeship can get you a job where you apprenticed thats great, but what if something comes up and you have to move? What would you do? I know for sure that if you don't have a college degree you will be stuck with dumb jobs that won't make you happy. Find a good art college and don't go to the art institutes. They are full of bull ****.

Source(s): I go to Kendall College of Art and Design in Michigan and it's the best decision I made for myself.