*Liss*
Lv 4
*Liss* asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 8 years ago

Will this stuff help me lose weight? 240 pound girl...?

275 jumping jacks 

110 crunches 

95 squats 

80 pushups 

If I do that every night, how much weight is it possible to lose? I weigh 240 pounds and I'm sick of it.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Yea that will help... But it won't totally take off as much weight as you would probably like, it will help a lot tho! :) Congratulations, its hard work but you'll feel amazing after!

You should start doing some light cardio like light biking and walking and swimming. That will probably help a lot more paired with your exercises. You should also of course watch your food intake, put out more calories than you take in.

• 8 years ago

yes - it would help incredibly.

Too lose weight you need to do exercise everyday (anything that increases your heart rate) and eat a healthy balanced diet with minimal snacks and treats.

You also need to take in less calories then you burn. So the more exercise you do, the less you have to worry about what you eat (in theory.) The less exercise you do, the less calories you will burn, so you would need to take in less calories. Calories are energy so the more you take in the more you should be able to burn.

There is not an exact, precise weight loss that will happen by these exercises you have chosen but you will definitely notice a change in you. Your muscles may be more toned and you will definitely look healthier. They of course contribute to the 60 minutes of exercise you should be doing everyday, such as taking a walk, riding a bike, jumping around, skipping etc.

I don't know how old you are but a women's daily intake average should be around 2000 calories.

So if you are eating more then this daily you should aim to eat no more then this. If you already have this amount, cut down your intake to 1500 calories. That's similar to cutting out 2 chocolate bars a day. 1 pound of fat = 1500 calories so in theory if you cut down by 500 calories a day you should be able to lose 2-3 pounds a week which may not seem a lot but is a healthy rate to lose weight and won't hurt your body.

The amount of calories you burn also depends on your metabolic rate and this can depend on your height, weight and gender and even on things like your genetics and the temperature outside! It also depends greatly on your fat:muscle body ration so if you tone up, your metabolic rate will be higher meaning you will lose weight more quickly.

The squats,crunches and push-ups will all tone muscle and jumping jacks is a great way to get your fat burning and your heart pumping.

Good luck!

Source(s): Top-set science and sport studies...If you need more help, put a question in the additional details bit and i'll edit my answer for you :)
  • 4 years ago

Excersise is around 30% weight loss and your diet is 70 so this is what I would prefer to you,,You have to eat good and cut out all junk food and eat 3 meals healthy meals in a day and 3-4 snacks to keep ur metabolism going,remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day, eat eggs and some whole wheat bread which is good, lunch u can have a healthy sandwich, whole wheat pasta etc.. , dinner should be at least 2 hours before you go to sleep so your body burns fat to as energy while sleeping not what you ate. And at most drink a lot of WATER, and change up all ur white grains to 100 % whole wheat. Hope this helped

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

is this a serious question

just eat less junk food

exercise more

step by step

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Yes it'll help...Make sure you are eatting healthy too though, otherwise it is all for nothing

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You're beautiful :) just walk and eat healthy.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Somebody's unsightly.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

idk how much weight u will loose but if you do all of that it will help u loose weight

not tryin to be mean:

dont eat fast food and eat fruits and vegetables more, that will also help

good luck!!

• 8 years ago

Wont do any harm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.