How do i get audio from an hdmi cable connected to my tv to play audio through surround sound.?

In my basement i have a plasma tv connected to an audio box which runs the surround sound on the other side of the room with the cables running through the wall. i had been running an xbox 360 with standard yelow white and red cords in an outlet under the tv which goes directly to the audio equipment, but i have... show more In my basement i have a plasma tv connected to an audio box which runs the surround sound on the other side of the room with the cables running through the wall. i had been running an xbox 360 with standard yelow white and red cords in an outlet under the tv which goes directly to the audio equipment, but i have decided to go full out hd with an hdmi cable. unfortunately i cannout run the cable through the wall or directly to the box without spending hundreds of dollars so i bought a 3 fot cable and connected it straight into a port on the side of my tv. the visuals are running through perfectly, but i cannot find a way to run the audio through my speakers, and my tv does not have them built in. so my question to you is how do i get my audio to stream through the tv to the box to my speakers without connecting the hdmi cable directly to the box.
1 answer 1