Questions about Steam?

I'm looking to install Steam onto my computer. Can someone eexplain to me what it is and that type of stuff. I have a couple games for it but i just want a little knowledge on it.

Favorite Answer

Steam is a digital distribution system which allows you to purchase games online, and download a digital copy of it to your computer to play. Also updates can be streamed for the game whenever you login. The game also has a messenger tool to chat with friends and allows you to create groups that your friends can join.

Steam usually sells games really cheap, especially when they have seasonal sales.

Its like a little game system for free. You can chat with friends like on the Xbox. Play games and chat. Its fun and easy to get there are some free games that you can download . Its free so why not its fun. They sometimes have sales on games check it out. There are fun games like Garry mod you can do a lot on that. So basically steam is a software where you play games and talk to people if you have a mic but you can still type.

Source(s): playing steam for years

Steam is just like an online store, like Orgin, if you're familiar with it. It has a huge community, with a large player database. You can get special discount on games depending if something special happens like christmas or summer holidays. There is a function where you can chat with your friends like msn, but with the players you meet via games you play on Steam.