Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

What are good books similar to Ellen Hopkins books?

I really like Ellen Hopkins books, Crank, Burned, Impulse, Identical, Glass, Tricks, Fallout, and Perfect, so I wanted to know any other books similar to these. (:

Update:

I'm going to be reading Crazy-Han Nolan, Twisted-Laurie Halse Anderson, 13 Reasons Why-Jay Asher, Beautiful, Clean, and Crazy all By Amy Reed. Any books like those either?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Fallout by Ellen Hopkins is a powerful book and an entirely fitting conclusion to Ellen Hopkins' trilogy that started with Crank, based on her own daughter's struggles with addiction. Flashing forward nineteen years into the future may have been a little unexpected, but it is the perfect way to demonstrate to readers the prolonged and far-reaching effects of addiction and bad decisions. Hopkins does an excellent job at steadily building up the story thorough her inventive and diverse poems, she creates a good amount of suspense by switching back and forth between Hunter, Autumn, and Summer, and it's not hard to draw parallels between mother and children.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.