Study shows atheism declining rapidly worldwide should atheists be concerned?

http://www.shockforever.com <- video showing the decline because of birth rates in secular countries dropping while religious birthrates are increasing.

What can we as atheists do to stop this. Seems like we just can't get ahead no matter what we try

supastar I know you are an atheist and terrified of this study but don't get mad at me for bringing it to your attention. As an atheist myself this is pretty scary. It seems obvious that atheism is losing and there is no way we can ever catch up. I am as disappointed as you are that atheism is declining.

Favorite Answer

█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█

▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

Source(s): █▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ █▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

1. I would first like to see something from a credible source. Most of the polls and projections I've seen in recent years show Christianity declining sharply, for example, and the percentage of people in "the post-industrial world" or "first world" who identify as atheist climbing rapidly. I don't believe shockforever is a credible source.

2. Protecting secular institutions is something we ALL are responsible for. I'm not an atheist, but I value the secular nature of our government and its institutions highly, and so do many, maybe even most, Christians. It's important that we keep on talking, keep showing how a decline in the secular nature of our country will cause a theocracy, and that is unhealthy for EVERYONE.

• DIXIE

What utter rubbish, "a study shows", a study can show anything it wants, the aim/objective being decided first ,then manipulate the results, keep the good ones, bin the bad ones as "spoiled".

A Study shows what it wants, why is that, dead simple it's humans being involved in it and that means, "I can look better than you" but rational people know this , it's not rocket science, pondering about it maybe to some it is.

• yepez

As a non-believer in all prepared faith, i don't choose secure practices in numbers (in assessment to maximum theists). If the full international believed 2+2=5, i could nevertheless insist that it equals 4 and all and sundry else is incorrect. yet each pollthat i've got examine states the alternative- that atheism is on the improve. particularly, right here interior the U.S., it particularly is becoming speedier than any faith is.

What makes you assume that the only atheists are those born into secular countries? Most atheists I know are the offspring of monotheist parents.

If you were not an idiot or a liar you would understand the "study" in the Youtube video is untrue.

" In the United States[1] the so-called "Nones" are the fastest growing religious status; Australia, Canada and much of Europe have also seen dramatic increases in the numbers of non-religious people."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_the_fast...

It's not any great concern for me. It's not like we 'win' if we spam our environment with the greatest number of offspring. High birth rates don't exactly confer great advantages to them; if anything it's usually a catalyst to hardship.

The Demographic Winter of Rationalism... guess I'll put on a jacket.

Good. Because atheist are finding out that God is real with everything that happens everyday. I use to not believe until I had divine intervention. Now I pray everynight and use the Lord everyday in my life

You are reading the studies put out by the church. It's like politics- they support any idea that furthers their message, fact or fiction.

What are religious birth rates?

Maybe you should just go back to being a Christian, you're embarassing us.