Gaining weight in France, what should I do?

I come from Italy. When I was young, I married a well off Frenchman and moved to France. I was then very slim and pretty. In France, many people envied me, but my life was not a picnic. When I arrived, I found out that my husband lived with a woman, Catherine Henriette, and she stayed in our house and... show more I come from Italy. When I was young, I married a well off Frenchman and moved to France. I was then very slim and pretty. In France, many people envied me, but my life was not a picnic. When I arrived, I found out that my husband lived with a woman, Catherine Henriette, and she stayed in our house and refused to move out! And, my husband refused to throw her out. It was terrible, but then, I managed to get rid of her. But, even afterwards, my husband was unfaithful to me. We had six children, but my son Nicholas died when he was four, and it was a terrible loss for me. Then, my husband was stubbed to death on a Parisian street during daylight! Following his death, all his relatives conspired to take his patrimony off my children, and I had to fight for it. When, at last, my children grew up, my son Gaston set against his brother Louis, and, again, there were fights and quarrels. Then my son turned against me (thanks to his new advisor Armand Jean), and I went to live in Blois, in complete wilderness. Of course, such life took a toil on me, and I turned to food for consolation. I eat to forget and to calm myself down. I grew up rather... large. My health suffered. So, I decided to stop eating, and it didn't help. Then I went on a fruit diet, eating fruit only (and cutting it with the silver knife which my husband gave me as a present, to have an additional motivation), but soon, stopped. My downfall is patisseries et confitures, which I eat all the time. I just can't resist! But, it can't go on like this, so what should I do?
3 answers 3