Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 9 years ago

does this verse mean Israel (Children of Israel) are favored?

"O children of Israel, remember my favor which I bestowed upon you, and that I favored you above all creation". (Qur'an 2:47).

am i suppose to be in shock or what! does it mean Israel are good O.O (unbelievable)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel good? LOL No.

Zionists are not children of Israel. It is not referring to the same people of today, don't get confused.

"From what I believe, the favor that the Israelites received was the Taurat, and a steady succession of prophethood, not race."

"according to what we know of the Quran, they may have been the first people to receive an actual scripture instead of being sent Prophets who just relayed oral teachings. I base this on the fact that only the Taurat, Injeel, and Zaboor have been revealed from Allah (swt) in the Quran. So possibly, Musa and the Children of Israel may have been the first people with a formulated and systematic doctrine. And this may be the “favor” from Allah (swt). Does this mean that a Jew is superiority? Definitely not, Allah (swt) never implies that being a Jew or being born an Israelite was in itself a divine favor, it is implied that the divine favor was the Taurat itself. Because every single verse in the Quran that deals with the choosing of Israel over the other nations refers in some way to them receiving the "message" or generational "prophethood"."

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

no no no.

Children of Israel at that time were the people Abraham.

Jesus says to the Jews that their land will be taken and given to a new nation who remembers God.

Muslims pray five times to Allah daily and the land was given to the palestinians. Sooo.... Israel is still bad

• 9 years ago

wAllahi it baffles me that muslims can be unsure if the jews and the christians are disbelievers in the hellfire.. i really don't understand.

i mean SERIOUSLY.. surah bayyinah one of the SMALLEST SURAHS how do we not know it?

one of the early scholars said the knowledge of islam will be lost when people lose arabic

there is past tense and future tense. also there is context. why do people read one verse on a shaytan website and make an assumption!!!!!!!!!1

NUMBER ONE - those that BELIEVED in allah and the message the moses sent during that time - WERE BELIEVERS AND ARE IN JANNAH

then whne jesus came.. EVERY SINGLE BELIEVER MUST ACCEPT JESUS or else they have disbelieved

IF YOU .. ASKER - DISBELIEVE IN MOSES AND THAT HE WAS A PROPHET - ISLAMICALLY YOU ARE NOT MUSLIM

so when it comes to the jews.. if they accept islam AND THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD AS THE LAST MESSENGER OF ALLAH 0- they are forgiven, otherwise they have REJECTED ALLAH

that's why allah speaks of rejecting a specific messenger in quran in the plural ''messengers'' when calling the people disbelievers

BECUASE IF YOU REJECT ONE - YOU HAVE REJECTED THEM ALL - BECAUSE THEY ALL WERE SENT WITH ALLAH'S MESSAGE

BUT AFTER MOSES LEFT AND JESUS CAME, THE GUIDANCE OF MOSES WAS VOID EXCEPT FOR WHAT JESUS SAID

AND WHEN MUHAMMAD SAWS CAME, THE BOOK OF JESUS WAS VOID EXCEPT FOR WHAT WAS LEFT IN THE QURAN FROM IT

IF THE RELIGION OF JUDIASM COULD SEND SOMEONE TO JANNAH, ANSWER THIS - WHY WAS ISLAM SENT?!!!?

listen.. im not mad.. just it annoys me when i see questions like this because it's APPARENT you don't even know anything about the qur'an.. becuase the message of belief and disbelief in the qur'an are VERY CLEAR and its VERY CLEAR who is a disbeliever and who is not

the jews AT THAT TIME were chosen.. guess why? BECAUSE ALLAH SENT A MESSENGER JUST TO THEM

and their story is INCREDIBLE and you should read it in the qur'an.. because allah preserved that story in the quran as AN EXAMPLE for ME AND YOU to not do what those disbelievers did

there were believers among them.. but the point of this story being preserved in this quran was to show how the disbelievers treated the message of allah.. as a guidance for ME AND YOU.. but you don't know any of it because you're asking this quesiton I ADVISE YOU, to find the surahs that have the big stories of israel.. and read them!!! listen to them!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes of course. As it has always been.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.