Need tips on financial planning?

this is my situation. Im 23 my husband is 24 and we have a child. We rent our house, drive a wrecked 03 mazda, and have no credit. My husband works construction and his current job is said to last for the next year and a half witch before his jobs were only lasting a few months so we never tried to save or... show more this is my situation. Im 23 my husband is 24 and we have a child. We rent our house, drive a wrecked 03 mazda, and have no credit. My husband works construction and his current job is said to last for the next year and a half witch before his jobs were only lasting a few months so we never tried to save or anything. We just got our first credit card and we are only using it for gas and paying it off weekly.

Eventually we want to buy a decent car and a house but have no idea what we should do to prepare. Is the credit card thing enough or is there more we can do? We would like to buy a car (from a dealership) in about 6 months or so. what are some suggestions on what we should do before with things like credit and saving. And advise about buying a house? Thanks!