do you recommend buying (All in one 27" IMAC )or (all in one workstation 27" HP) for an IT Guy?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The HP workstation (I assume you mean the new Z1) and the iMac are both great looking systems.

The iMac has proven what it can do over years though, the Z1 isn't even out yet. Although I would say it is reasonably safe to expect something similar from HP and it is built on a standard platform.

The systems aren't really meant to compete for the same users though. The iMac is basically the OS X desktop. So if you want to legally/officially run OS X then that is the solution. If you want to be in Apple's ecosystem or get Apple's level of service and support or want simplicity then it's a good computer.

In the case of the HP Z1 it is a solution for those who are lacking the space to run a tower and displays because HP already offer cheaper solutions (z200) with more features, expandability and more performance in the older box and display format as well as even more powerful workstations and consumer desktops.

If you just want a nice all in one and aren't bothered by having OS X or needing an ISV certified workstation to run something like some Autodesk 3D creation product - in the case of the Z1's Xeon/Quadro platform) - then pick the one you like the look of most.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Sure is a nice IPS monitor on that Mac

I would buy that and run multiple operating systems

• 9 years ago

If youre a very good IT guy you should know. But the mac is not worth it

• 9 years ago

for an IT guy? get the HP!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

get a gaming pc

• 9 years ago

iMac

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.