Are we united states or are we united state?

Is the United States a group of united states or are individual states obsolete?

United States.

Each State is acutally a mini-country that runs most of its affairs. The national government has only limited powers as set forth in the constitution. Any powers not listed in the constitution are reserved to the states.

Source(s): Giant Brain

Well technicaly the united states is a untied group of independant states but to me we are just a united state. Currency's the same in every state, states can't form alliences with other states or countrys, they all have the same basic laws with a few states more liberal or conserative than others. So again in my opinion we are a united state. Hope I helped :)

The U.S.A. is a country filled with united individual states. It's like a family, but with different people, people being states

Source(s): I'm studying U.S. history.

we are the united states, due to the fact that we were a loose confederation of independent states before the Constitution then formed a union

We are United Ststes (plural) bacause the country is made up of 50 states.