YG/SM Entertainment audition questions?!?!?!?

Okay, i posted a few questions before but i found a lot of answers online.

i really wanna audition for YG Entertainment in South Korea. i'm really shy, but i guess i can get over that with some performing experience. but these are the questions that still aren't answered by updated blog posts or things on the official YG Family website...especially cuz it's all in korean and i don't wanna take the time to read all of it now.

1. when sending in your demo tape, do we need to sing a Korean song or can we sing in English? I'm sort of fluent in Korean but not enough to read it super fast like I can with English. Sure, i can speak it with others and understand it perfectly fine, but still. i can't sing in it or read it very well.

2. exactly HOW does the trainee process go? i don't have high hopes for making it in, but if i do...

3. i heard not every trainee makes it through the whole training process. but if u have the motivation and, let's say, stamina or endurance ability, can you go all the way and debut?

4. does not being able to read Korean very well count against you?

5. exactly how does the application process go?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Good luck(: I want to go for YG or SM too(:

1. when sending in your demo tape, do we need to sing a Korean song or can we sing in English? I'm sort of fluent in Korean but not enough to read it super fast like I can with English. Sure, i can speak it with others and understand it perfectly fine, but still. i can't sing in it or read it very well.

It truly doesn't matter, as long as you are good, and have character in your voice. Watch Kpop Survival Audition, it has YG,SM,and JYP so you can hear each of their opinions of what they are looking for.

But if I was you, I'd sing in English so you wouldn't mess up and you wouldn't loose your place as easily.

2. exactly HOW does the trainee process go? i don't have high hopes for making it in, but if i do...

I don't really know what you mean, but I'll take a guess. Well, you audition, the judges see if you're good, if they like you they will show it to the higher classes in YG, and if they like it, they might or might not show it to YG depending on how much they like it, and if they really like it, they will give you a call, and tell you you made it in, and then you have to talk to your parents, tell them what happened, and if they accept you can go.

3. i heard not every trainee makes it through the whole training process. but if u have the motivation and, let's say, stamina or endurance ability, can you go all the way and debut?

Of course. If you really work and stay there and have dedication, you definitely will. But it's a little harder for YG because they don't have that many debuts compared to other companies.

4. does not being able to read Korean very well count against you?

Well for YG, I'm not too sure. They haven't had any singers who are non Korean/non Korean readers, but for others like SM, it's fine, like Tiffany, Amber, Jessica, and Hangeng.

5. exactly how does the application process go?

Well, you audition, the judges see if you're good, if they like you they will show it to the higher classes in YG, and if they like it, they might or might not show it to YG depending on how much they like it, and if they really like it, they will give you a call, and tell you you made it in, and then you have to talk to your parents, tell them what happened, and if they accept you can go.

• 9 years ago

1: you can do a english song, but you have to do a korean song too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.