Do I have to take a seperate Diesel course to work on Railroad Diesel Engines vs 18 wheeler diesel engines?

I live in covington tennessee. its bout an hour north of memphis. joining the air force and want to use the GI bill to go to diesel school. Memphis has a big rail yard and was thinking of becoming a rail diesel mechanic. And how much would my salary be starting off and after a couple years how much would it be?... show more I live in covington tennessee. its bout an hour north of memphis. joining the air force and want to use the GI bill to go to diesel school. Memphis has a big rail yard and was thinking of becoming a rail diesel mechanic. And how much would my salary be starting off and after a couple years how much would it be? also is there a seperate course i have to take or is available to become prepared for this job. also which rail companies go through memphis and which diesel school would you reccommend? thanks and God Bless