Electrical question: Replacing switch (slight issue with wire size)?

My wife asked to replace the light switch & outlets in a room... I bought some replacement outlets & a switch thinking it was going to be an easy replacement, but found some slight issues. First, let me say, I have replaced all the outlets in the room - all of that is working just perfectly (and verified with a... show more My wife asked to replace the light switch & outlets in a room... I bought some replacement outlets & a switch thinking it was going to be an easy replacement, but found some slight issues.

First, let me say, I have replaced all the outlets in the room - all of that is working just perfectly (and verified with a tester). It's just the switch that I'm wondering about.

The switch currently has both the neutral and hot coming into the "easy wire" holes in the back of the switch. There is a second wire coming off the right side of the switch. And then, the grounding wire.

The problem is, all the wiring in my house appears to be 12 gauge. All of the "easy wiring" holes on the switch & outlets I bought were 14 gauge only, and I can't seem to find any that are 12 gauge. I was able to get around this problem on the oulets because I could just use the second set of nuts. That's not available on the switch though.

What is the best practice for this? Do I splice my 12-gauge to a 14-gauge and put that in the "easy wire" hole. Do I connect both wires with a connector and then attach that single point to the nut? Is there a switch that has 12-gauge holes in the back?

(If it's of use, the reason there are two wires is because one goes to the light, and one goes to the bottom of one of the outlets in the room. The bottom outlet is properly setup with the switch already)