Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, are there "words" that can express the damage cause by the WTBTS?

I have often considered what my life as a Christian would have been, had I not involved myself with this sect.

Proven false prophesies,

Masterfully covered over sins of the leaders,

Misleading and false doctrines,

Leading the sheep into pits of despair,

Promising all of us freedom, and stealing our lives for a magazine sale,

Legalism that destroys families if we question their authority,

Present members that ignore any warnings we try to give,

And the list of damage goes on...

Children who are raped,

Cover-ups of their painful lives,

Protection of the molesters,

The hurt in our hearts from seeing this evil, and watching it continue on.

The ruined family ties, the anguish of discovering the real truth of this group, after decades of denying myself the right of inspecting the things they teach, and the methods they used to control my life, and all those enjoined to them.

It has come to my attention as of late, that this damage, is permanent., until God removes it from our hearts..

The only way of salvaging the remainder of our lives, is to continue on in Christ, as a warning beacon for the inexperienced.

The thankfulness I have for God allowing us to escape, is strong, but the bitterness of accepting the pain and ruin caused by this cult, creeps in as a slap from them, against Christ Jesus Himself.

It is obvious here, that they are not desiring any real truth, as I also refused to listen to this truth, when I was a member.

The only hope we have, as escapees, is in our relationship with God, and His Son.

The failed marriages, the lost family members, the ruined businesses, the treachery from their "Glorious ones", their arrogant "elders" ...all of it....are there any words that can express the damage and pain caused by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Jehovah's Witnesses?

I am at a loss for words.

Do you have any?

What words of encouragement will you all please share?

Thank you for your encouragement Linedancer.

Problem with it, is that Jehovah's Witnesses do not have Holy Spirit guiding them...they have a god who keeps transforming himself into an "angel of light", to deceive the sheep of this earth with partial truths, to draw them into a false brotherhood, use them up, and when they wise up and expose this "angel", they are villainies, called names, and labeled by the inexperienced cowardly ones, who find complete security in the deception.

Now that it is a FACTUAL, and DOCUMENTED proof that this sect is NOT from the true God of Love, nor from His Son, we need to come to a meeting of the mind, spirit, and heart of all ex-members, as to how we can address these delusional humans, who perpetuate this lying sect today, and tomorrow.

We love them, yes, and we have tried to educate them, yes, and we have had some success with God's help, yes, ...but something is missing...it is their inability to observe the lie they are

living.

Is it their Ego?

Their pride?

Their fear of man?

Their fear of losing the security of "group think"?

How can we find the way to assist them, without staying in the quagmire of their false perceptions?

Read what they say here...their denials of the proven facts.

What power do they ascribe to?

I believe I must walk away from them, and let them ask me when they have had enough.

If we are going to be strong for them, we must allow the WTBTS to use them up, as they did us, but there will be one great difference for them...they will suffer the repercussions of the sins of their leaders.

They must come to us now.

We must stop touching "the unclean thing".

0 seconds ago

Best Answer

The damage is extreme loss of family and years of recovery and deprogramming.

My largest regret is that my pedophile Elder Father is still circulating in a congregation as a beloved brother and likely more children will be harmed by his not being turned over to the police for investigation. HE moves to other congregations so that time goes bye children grow up and by the time they accuse he is long gone and on to the next victim

that being said I have been quite successful in helping many come out of this cult into the light of the Lord and I have been blessed with new family and a christian family that practices unconditional love.

Line Dancer so brilliantly asks:

Isn't it something how ex-catholics have no bitterness with the past association with their former religion?

Isn't it something how ex-baptists have no bitterness with the past association with their former religion?"

Answer these are not cult religions so there is no need....If you look though You will find a lot of questions from Ec Mormons and Ex Witnesses because of the damage that these cults cause

I'm not a JW but my Cousin left that Sect a Year Ago. They Disfollowshipped Him and he has Limited Communication.

They are a Spooky Sect because all these Double Standards that apply when visiting them as a Child.

In 1995

Can't watch Power Rangers

Can't play with Toys with Weapons

Can't wear a Cross

Can't read a King James Version Bible

35 People in a Meeting on Wednesday Nights in the Living Room

They deny the damage in the same way they deny Jesus is not an angel...they are in Cut and paste denial.

They are cowards for not truly taking a stand for THEMSELVES...they allow the expressed opinions of wicked men to become their rule of life.

They shun family members, not understanding that they are doing so to appease the profits of a book seller.

They are engaging in extortion at it's best, and because of this, they will not inherit God's Kingdom under Christ.

I hope this is encouraging.

My heart goes out to you and yours. Jehovah's Witnesses need plenty of prayers to find their way out of the controlling grips of Mother. Seek the true light and set yourselves free. God loves you JWs. Do not submit to men.

Isn't it something how ex-baptists have no bitterness with the past association with their former religion?

Isn't it something how ex-mormons have no bitterness with the past association with their former religion?

HOWEVER, isn't it something how exJWs can't give up the past and get on with their lives? Instead, they continue to attack their former spiritual brothers and sisters. They know full well that we have the truth, but pride and other things will not allow them to rejoin the only true Christian congregation. What a tragedy.

The asker calls himself a Christian. What kind of Christian? A Catholic Christian? A Baptist Christian? A Lutheran Christian? The reason he won't say is because he wants people of all religions to come down on JWs. He knows full well that they believe in such falsehoods as the trinity and the hellfire doctrines. But, he won't admit it to them. All he wants is for them to agree with his negative views of JWs. Maybe that will feed his obsession in his opinion of us. How sad.

The things you describe happen among all people, not just Jehovah's Witnesses.

I suggest you focus on your personal relationship with God, however you see Him/Her/It and not the behavior of the churches.

Source(s): I'm Wiccan, but studied a lot of religions.
  • blank

I don't agree with you. I feel that overall, being a witness was a very beneficial and favorable experience. Would still be one, if I could believe. Left for purely rational reason: became an atheist.

I didn't bother to even read your lies and false truths about us. We are not a life ruining sect, we are a loving people who belong to a loving god.

Source(s): I'm a proud Jehovah's Witness