Jack asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Poll: Political, Historical, and Current Events?

1. Do you know who John O'Neil is?(Died Sept. 11, 2001)

2. True or False? Iran does not have Weapons of Mass Destruction.

3. Were there actually any Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq?

4. True or False? The banks crashed the U.S. Economy in 2008.

5. True or False? Greenhouse gases are actually a natural occurrence that help keep Earth's climate stable, but they can cause the planet to become dramatically warmer when they are in excess.

6. Do you know what the National Defense Authorization Act is?

7. Do you know what the bills (currently on hold) P.I.P.A. and S.O.P.A were?

8. Could you summarize what A.C.T.A, an international trade treaty, plans on doing?

9. What is happening in Syria right now? (Major Events)

10. True or False? The Supreme Court thinks that corporations are people.

11. Rate your satisfaction with Congress from 0 (Absolute despise, dissatisfaction) to 100 (Absolute approval).

12. Out of the following terms which would you say describes your knowledge of politics and current events.

•Professor in Political Science and or Journalism

•Uncaring Individual

•Misled Individual

•Amateur

•Apple Pie

Favorite Answer

1-No

2-No - HOWEVER, very soon it will have the technology to produce those weapons

3-No

4-False; policies caused the crash

5-True; climate change is natural over long periods of time. i.e. ice ages; oxygen-abundant eras. in the 70s, the "thing" was global-cooling. Now, 40 years later, it is global-warming.

6-Yes

7-Yes

8-Not aware of that, but thank you for bringing it to my attention

9-Civil unrest; possible civil war

10-False; it does not "think" they are people; they receive the same treatment under the law as a person, however.

11-35

12-Mixture of professor and [learning] amateur

1. I usually get it on the Internet, generally from iGoogle, Yahoo!, and the New York Times online. We used to get the Chicago Tribune, and then they changed their layout and it's 30% news and 70% ads/junk stuff now, so we canceled our subscription. Oh, but we get Newsweek. And I listen to NPR every morning. 2. I am very interested, and have been since the 2000 election. Before that, I was moderately interested but there were definitely other things that interested me much more, and at that point in time I would definitely choose CSI, Lie to Me (great show), etc. over the news. Now I watch MSNBC almost every night, along with The Daily Show (and Lie to Me xD). 3. Democrat all the way, man. I know a lot of mommies on here are Republican/Conservative or whatever, but I'm a Democratic person. Sorry. =\ 4. 12, 9, 6, and 9 months. 5. I consider my 12 y/o and my 9 y/o old enough, maybe even my 6 y/o although she is VERY uninterested. And I do talk to them, I've talked to them about it since they were about 8. My 12 y/o watches Rachel Maddow with me. 6. Discussions w/ adults and or peers, Internet, and radio. 7. Yes, mainly the sad stuff about small girls being raped by Congress people. And murder and everything overly violent, at least for my 9 y/o. Not because I don't think she's ready to hear it, but because she hears enough of it thank you very much. 8. Very. It's great. =]