promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

When will Korea solve the issue of sex crime in Vietnam?

as Korean has been blaming Japan for sex crime during ww2, I believed Korea has never commited any brutal crimes to any other people.

but I was terrified to know this masacre and sex crime south Korean did to innocent Vietnamese

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phong_Nhi_and_Phong_N...

yes, you cannot set aside your grudge to Japanese , but you can forget such brutal crimes completely , Korean kids dont learn these inconvienient facts at their history class.

what a double standard !!! Do Koreans know the word "SHAME"?"

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Vietnamese naturally asked for an apology, but the Korea never gave one.

And Korea won't even formally acknowledge the fact that they committed war crimes.

They turn a blind eye to sources which do not support their ideas.

Japan is criticized over the so called comfort women problem which was happened in the war. How comfort women problem differ from these prostitutes? Attackers against Japan over the comfort women problem said that they, prostitutes for Japanese military, were forced into prostitution as a form of sexual slavery by the Japanese military organization. Was it true? In fact Japanese military had not forced these women.

What was happened actually? Many brothel owners opened their business next to military gates. It was a natural because they could make more money. This is quite natural. Therefore Japanese military did not open these brothels during the war, but brothels owners who were local people in the countries which Japanese troops were dispatched. Were they hurt by the Japanese? We can’t find any evidence of that except ladies verbal statements.

According to the Japanese Prisoner of War Interrogation Report No. 49, which was reported by U.S in Aug 20 to Sept 10, 1944, 20 of Korean ladies were working as comfort women in Japanese camp during WW2. The "house master" that means manager of the comfort house, received 50 to 60% of the girls' gross earnings depending on how much of a debt each girl had incurred when she signed her contract.

In other words, Korean ladies decided to get the job. In fact, they got a lot of money. Also, they amused themselves by participating in sports events with both officers and men, and attended picnics, entertainments, and social dinners. They had a phonograph and in the towns they were allowed to go shopping. The Ladies were allowed the prerogative of refusing a customer.

The NY Times on Jan. 8, 2009 said Korean prostitutes put U.S military and Korean government on trial. They complained about having been forced sex with Americans in Korea. They worked as comfort women from 1960 to 1980 in Korea. Moreover, an LAPD official said some 70-80 prostitutes were arrested every month, and 90 percent of them were Korean. Were they forced to be sexual slaveries by the Japanese military? Was the story true?

According to the Korea police department report in 1955, the number of comfort women is 61,833, who worked for only U.S soldiers. In 1962, about 20,000 comfort women worked for U.S soldiers. According to the New York Times Jan. 8, 2009, Korean comfort women took U.S military and Korean government to court. Women said they were forced to having sex with U.S soldiers from 1960 to 1980 in Korea.

Moreover, some prostitutes have asked for money to Japan because they were compelled the work by the Japanese during the war. In fact, 1 to 25 women who over 20 years old are prostitutes in 2003 in Korea. Therefore, Korean government expressed strong concern about the problem, so it established a new law against the prostitutes. As a result, some prostitutes spread to other countries for work, the statistic shows.

Needless to say South Korea is a big prostitutes’ country. South Korea women want to get the job for money. After they grow old, they ask indemnities to other courtiers and their own government. Koreans prostitutes were compelled the work by the Japanese and American soldiers? I don’t think so.

About 23,000 women work as prostitutes in Australia. 25% to them are from oversea. And over 1,000 women came from South Korea, which means 16.9% of prostitutes who came from oversea are South Korean ladies. South Korean ladies enter Australia with working holiday Visa. This problem also happened in Japan, Canada and New Zealand, because Korean government carried out a new law against prostitutes, which numbers were very high in Korea, in 2004.

"Before criticizing others, Korea should shape up yourself"

Koreans can controvert an opinion, but not a fact.

Present contradictory evidence!

I have enough evidence about Korean sex crime in Vietnam and contradictory evidence about Japanese sex crime.

Source(s): Kwon, Heonik. After the massacre: commemoration and consolation in Ha My and My Lai. University of California Press. ISBN 9780520247970. SOUTH KOREA'S EXPERIENCE IN THE VIETNAM WAR http://www.army.gov.au/ahu/docs/The_Australian_Arm... the Japanese Prisoner of War Interrogation Report No. 49, which was reported by U.S in Aug 20 to Sept 10, 1944, 20 The NY Times on Jan. 8, 2009 Japan Liberated Asia from Euro-American Colonizers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwbHPaGWLw Problem of Comfort women Sex slave in Japan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHGlrHDmCDk
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Kjeon
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

While I think it's important that people are informed and aware of injustices that have taken place, way to use this as justification to throw around some racist bullshit. First of all, it's safer to assume that EVERY nation has committed brutal crimes at some point in history, especially during war, than to assume the opposite.

Also, you should link a better source so people can understand what it is you are talking about. That wikipedia page has very little information, and does not explicitly say anywhere that korea was behind the crime, although I will not deny the possibility.

Yes, it is true that there are still protests, headed by actual surviving victims of the 'comfort women' system, who demand reparations and an official apology from the Japanese Government. What you are saying is that their anger is meaningless and unjustified because their country committed atrocities in the past.

For the record, I also disagree when people make sweeping generalizations about the japanese because of the past, and I feel like what the government may have done decades ago is not in any way a reflection of the individual people. BUT that doesn't mean I don't think the government should apologize officially.

SOOOO, hopefully youll remember this next time you start to spout your racist anti-korean bullshit. It looks to me like you have little experience with actual koreans, "do they know the word shame" you kidding me?

Source(s): am korean
  • 8 years ago

It's completely different!!!

HAVE YOU HEARD OF SOMETHING CALLED WARFARE!!!

The Japanese basically took over Korea and turned it into a colony, a slave country where women were raped, men were massacred and turned over to the Japanese army, etc.

However, we've gotten over it. I don't know where you've heard this but we've set our grudge out completely; we don't hate Japanese people, why the hell would we?? Seriously, there is no tension at all between us, don't listen to anybody who says otherwise because I can guarantee that they are completely false.

Also, backing up the Vietnam War massacre. It's bloody war. Do you know how many American and South Korean forces died in the war? Can you realise how hard it is to fight an enemy that you can't see? I'm not justifying what we did was a good thing, I think it was horrible too but look in the perspective of the soldiers for a minute. How terrifying it must be to die fighting in another country. Also, don't blame everything on us, go and troll the USA Q&A as well; My Lai massacre? Also the USA adopted these tactics later on as well.

Just think about the perspective of the people who were there and the situation. War is not clean, honourable "just shoot at the enemy", even though it looks like it. People try to avoid these things but sometimes it's inevitable. Please don't be so ignorant.

Source(s): Sorry for that rant, but I just hate people who just post these stuff without knowing a single thing about what and why they did these things.
    • Nao_at_jp5 years agoReport

Hi! In 1980s', during the end terms of Lee Dynasty of Korea, Korean people have been trying to make their nation as "People's Public Nation". So, there have been many revolutions all over the Korean Peninsula by Korean rebels, and sometimes they attacked Korean Queen.

• 7 years ago

NEVER. Korean women make huge amount of money by selling sex (prostitutions) in other countries during WW2 to today and claiming they were forced while Korean men have raped young children and women around the globe but never apology or regret, continue violation. Koreans are peculiar as they have Hwabyeong or Hwabyung.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

maybe because Japanese Imperial army killed and raped way more in China and Philippine.

Maybe because Korea was actually part of Japan before World War Two and Japan was obligated to treat Koreans more humanely... Maybe... I don't know. Japan was not engaged in war with Korea.

Maybe because Japan falsely tricked young girls into forced sex slavery who thought they were going to work in factory...

But You are pathetic for debating political issue in Travel section.

I can bet that 3 out of 10 people in Japan would be disgusting as you. Very nationalistic and ugly.

Why do you have Korean people's names in Yaskuni Shrine? We didn't have a choice whether to go to war with you or not. We were dragged to war.

Who is more dwelling in the past? well we don't praise war criminals. Ever!

• Margie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Jacqueline Smith from Charlie's Angels. What a pair. hehehe...

• 6 years ago

Sex crimes are a big problem even at peace time in S.Korea.

Rapes per Capita (per 100,000)

Republic of Korea ….. 13.5

Japan …………………. 1.7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

An old Japanese movie, “A Story of a Prostitute” produced in 1965, supports the reliability of the POW interrogation report mentioned by the best answerer Nowitziki .

“A comfort girl is nothing more than a prostitute ….”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwGs9ZeJFQ

Youtube thumbnail

The comfort woman dressed in white in the ending of the movie is a Korean, and others Japanese.

Some brothels really employed both Korean and Japanese comfort women at taht time.

The South and the North Koreans are too busy in demanding apologies for fabricated war crimes.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Google Issei Sagawa to see what kind of freak Japanese look upon as a celebrity.

• Nao_at_jp5 years agoReport

He was re-names foreigner in Japan.

• 8 years ago

If the US wasn't around, Korea would destroy Japan and its weak military.

• 8 years ago

Hi. Japanese man! ^^

See you again.

Same Questions Over and Over and O~~~VER Again.

I hope to see something new. ^^ japanese 猿.

• student7 years agoReport

Korean faces look like slugs

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Don't talk **** about Vietnam. Asses...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.