Can I use feeder fish as pets in this situation?

Hi I have a baby tadpole African clawed frog, so I know that as long as the fish are bigger, he won't attack it. Don't argue about this. I've seen plenty videos on YouTube where owners put there ACF with goldfish, and even Angelfish. So I was wondering if I could use feeder goldfish as pets, since... show more Hi I have a baby tadpole African clawed frog, so I know that as long as the fish are bigger, he won't attack it. Don't argue about this. I've seen plenty videos on YouTube where owners put there ACF with goldfish, and even Angelfish.

So I was wondering if I could use feeder goldfish as pets, since they cost 5 cents, while the normal ones that are ment for pets cost around 5 dollars. The thing I'm concerned about is that the feeder goldfish aren't meant to be kept as pets, so they might carry diseases, or they might already be really weak or sick, which could infect the water and therefore hurt my frog.

So are feeder goldfish safe to keep as pets in a 15 gallon tank with 1 baby african clawed frog?
1 answer 1