Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

Bronchitis? Asthma? Need some opinions!?

So for the past week or so I have been expereincing some shortness of breath and a dry cough. I always have some difficulty in breathing due to the fact that I have a deviated septum and I smoke. But starting on Friday and a little before, I would have problems breathing. It was tight to breathe in, but not painful, breathing out was ok, a little more labored but not bad. So.... that preceded for a couple days. By Sunday I was having problems and just wanted it to stop so I went to the ER, and there they did a chest x-ray which was clear, listened to me, and my lungs are clear, but when I coughed he could hear a wheeze. They gave me a breathing treatment, and 30 minutes later the dr came back and listened and said everything sounded better, I was sent on my merry way with a Ventolin HFA inhaler. So, the next day was fine, used the inhaler a couple times. I bought a cool mist humidifier. Then on Tuesday I used my inhaler, and it didnt work, went to my pcp and they gave me a breathing treatment again, my oxygen level was 98 I was just having a hard time breathing it was loud, and by that time, I was panicing (I have a history of HORRIBLE anxiety) They did that spiron whatever test there and they said airways were a little inflamed. They didnt want to call it asthma yet, I go back in two weeks. They gave a me some type of steroid shot in the butt (that was fun) and gave me a prescription for Qvair, which I couldnt fill because I couldnt afford. I have been taking regular mucinex for 3 weeks, because that seems to help. I do have a dry cough and I can feel that there is stuff there. Just nothing is productive, and they even said it sounded clear. I don't know what to do. They did put me on a medrol (methelprednisolone dose pack) and I am on day two and it is getting better. In the meantime I havent smoked, and I am quitting, and I am proud of myself for that. So what are some opinions?

I only had to use the inhaler once today and now it is just tight going in and noy going out. The ER called it bronchitis, but the dr's office, didnt really say much.

I do sometimes have trouble catching my breathe or breathing, at times. But the weather has been really horrid, with snowing one day, then being sunny, then raining. and the fact that I smoke, and I'm not in the best shape, and I cant wait to get back in the gym....

Any opinions would be awesome!

22 year old female.

I kinda had the same thing happen to me last year when I had to go to Florida for 4 months, they called it bronchitis, but i'm so confused as of right now. It's not fun.

Favorite Answer

I think its bronchitis if you never had it before

2

Source(s): Remedy For Eliminating Asthma - http://AsthmaRelief.iukiy.com/?aEic

My brother is an asthmatic and after ten years his asthma has shown no sign of improving. He has been to several doctors but they didn't help much.

If you want a proven, all-natural way to cure your asthma, without having to pay for useless medications with harmful side-effects, then this is the most important page you'll ever read.

• isaac

allergies is an allergy and is extra on with the aid of some thing. the suitable non medicine scientific look after allergies is gaining information of your triggers and averting them. user-friendly triggers are smoke, airborne dirt and dust, mildew, mould, flowers, airborne dirt and dust mites, pets and grass/weeds. in case you may no longer discern our your triggers, you would be able to would desire to work out an allergist and have allergy screening finished. this would factor out your triggers. The national allergies Prevention software and the expert Panel of diagnosis and administration of allergies the two agree in case you ought to use a prescription inhaler consisting of albuterol extra then 2 time each and every week, your allergies isn't on top of issues and you will elect a prescription controller medicine. Controller drugs are steroids (Asthmacort Asthmanex, Flovent, Pulmocort), Leukotriene modifier (Singulair, Aculade, Zyflo) or mast cellular stabilizers (Cromolyn sodium, Intal, Tilade). it somewhat is somewhat useful to communicate to your well-being practitioner approximately quite a few reliable controller drugs and in line with threat Xolair photos. in case you elect a shown, all-organic thank you to therapy your allergies, devoid of having to pay for ineffective drugs with risky area-outcomes, then that's the main needed web site you will ever examine.