Steam users/gamers, please help?

A month or so ago I bought a Tomb Raider Anniversary (for PC) on Steam. A few days ago I went on it and it said 'autosave failed' or something along those lines, and I lost all of my saved games, and when I started a new game, i could play it, but it still wouldn't save.

Because I used Steam, is it possible to re-install this game, or do I have to buy it again?

How can I fix this?

Favorite Answer

With Steam you don't always need to reinstall if something goes wrong. You can verify the game files instead, if anything is wrong with the installation Steam can redownload just the files needed instead of redownloading the whole thing. It can save a lot of time (and download allowance)

Right click Tomb Raider Anniversary in Steam and click Properties

Click the Local Files tab

Click Verify integrity of game cache...

Let Steam do it's check and if it needs to download anything it will do.

There is a thread on the Steam forums also that may fix your issue, this is the most relevant post: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php...

Just re-install it. You can do that through steam, no need to repurchase.

If that doesn't work, contact support for the game.

Since you bought this game, you permanently have the game on your account and can access it anytime you want. Just go to the library page and install it through there.