Anonymous

Is it wrong if I hate it when other minority groups (non-black) are viewed as "normal?"?

As a black man I hate to see how sometimes Hollywood and even people in everyday life act is if blacks are the only racial minority. This is a new trend that bothers the hell out of me. It makes me feel better when Mexicans, Jews, and Asians are singled out and picked on a little bit....not because I hate them, but just because I don't want my group to be alone in its alienation.

I notice it a lot with dating. No one thinks anything of it if an Asian or Mexican guy dates a white woman. But let a black guy date one or act in a movie where he dates one and it is ALL people will focus on. "Jungle Fever" this and "Tree Jumper" that. WTF?!?! And every time I heart this type of talke, I think "Since when did a dirty **** become white and therefore become immune from this type of critique?" Not that they're dirty, but you know. That's how I FEEL when I encounter this...

Ooops. I wrote "heart this type of talke."

My bad.

Hear this type of talk....

Bella: Crack open a remedial textbook in biology. If one species were more "evolved" than another than the two would not able to mate successfuly and produce offspring.

Scott: There are thousands of animals on planet earth who are not humans. Again, Crack open a damn biology text. Sigh.....It is getting exhausting to keep repeating this.

Bella: You didn't mention anything about superior traits. You said that they were MORE EVOLVED. If a modern homo sapien attempted to mate with a homo erectus, we would not be able to breed a child with them. "More evolved" implies a more profound difference between two organisms than simply the presence or absence of so called superior traits.

The exact words you used were stupid and innacurate. Just admit it. It's okay.

"Superior traits = more evolved"

OK.....so according to your logic, girls who have cuter butts than you are "more evolved."

I"d type more, but that's all it took to disprove your stupid theory.

Favorite Answer

It's probably because *most* of the other minorities are more evolved than blacks. So we don't see it as a threat to our pure gene pool.

@Stand: There are lots of species that can interbreed and produce offspring like Lions and Tigers. But you don't need to be a different species to have superior traits. Just look at how many different breeds of dog there are. There are very smart dogs and very stupid dogs, fast and slow dogs, strong and weak dogs. The same is true for people. Whites and Asians became smarter because they moved into colder climates where it was more difficult to survive. Black people stayed in Africa where it didn't require very much ingenuity to survive.

@Stand: You obviously don't understand the subtleties of separate genetic populations. Superior traits = more evolved. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis interbred with homo sapiens sapiens, that's why whites and asians have Homo sapiens neanderthalensis DNA while sub-saharan africans don't. I'd type more, but you're clearly not very intelligent.

Obviously, due to a long history of racism victimisation and the fact that many people impart their racist beliefs to their children, keeping racism alive, combined with the fact that many people of other races judge Black people by negative generalisations regarding their racial group instead of their individual personality, the Black race would be the most hated race on Earth. Thus, Black people would likely be singled out more for negativity, even if such negativity does not represent the entire Black race. Albeit racists might hate non-Blacks as well, they would not be singled out as much as Black people because they, as a group, most likely did not have a long history of racism that people still continue to impart to their children as we speak, resulting in, for example, being targeted the most for hate crimes today, or the primary subject of racial studies that hope to prove that Blacks are biologically inferior. I disagree with one feeling "better" when individuals of other races are singled out and picked on. One ought consider the negativities of racism no matter who is the victim of it. Asserting that you hate when it seems that mostly Blacks get singed out instead of other minorities would be much better word choice.

Everyone gets mocked. Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, people from the Middle East, Indians, the list goes on and on.

Well...I kindof understand what your saying but I will say I think all minority groups feel this way. There are just as many negative stereotypes about asians & latinos as blacks.

I am not happy when any minority group is singled out. However, I do feel that people are more racist toward the Black minority than any other. Oh well! **** em!

no, for some reason blacks are singled out the most. even though im biracial, it frustrates me so much because i see it all the time with my black family members. take away the skin color and you wouldnt be able to tell which race is which.

Mexicans get it bad too dood. Hicks also. WHat comes to mind when you think of a redneck?

blacks are the only non-humans

white people have really destroyed this world