Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Please state your views on abortion and if you are pro-life or pro-choice.?

I am a pro-life activist. Why? Because everything that comes into existence should have its fair time on this earth. Also, because abortion is in such high demand, a 13 year old girl can get an abortion, a surgical procedure, without her parents permission. But to go to a doctor to get a cut checked out, she has to have a legal guardian with her. Also pro-life because after the first trimester, the fetus can FEEL. Yes it can feel pain. I have studied social sciences for about 2 years now and i have found that a type of abortion that happens in the later trimesters involves the doctor aborting the child with forceps, and STABBING IT IN THE HEAD, SPLITING THEIR SKULL, and finally after kill it...

Please think deeply about your decision. I urge you to.

Favorite Answer

I am pro-choice; I believe abortion is a valid and legitimate form of reproductive healthcare that should be safe, legal, and accessible without undue burden, shame, or stigma for any woman who decides she needs one.

"the fetus can FEEL. Yes it can feel pain"

Sorry, but nope. Britain's Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has found that nerve endings in the fetal brain aren't developed enough before 24 weeks to signal any pain. Thus, says the College's report, "It can be concluded that the foetus cannot experience pain in any sense prior to this gestation." (http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19089-24week... )

"i have found that a type of abortion that happens in the later trimesters involves the doctor aborting the child with forceps, and STABBING IT IN THE HEAD, SPLITING THEIR SKULL, and finally after kill it..."

Sorry, but nope. Sounds like you're talking about the procedure of intact dilation and extraction- but you've got a few things wrong. This procedure, rather than others, is chosen specifically because it results in an intact baby (rather than pieces of tissue). This allows the parents to be able to hold, name, grieve over, baptize, and/or hold memorial services for their child. Nobody- and I repeat this- nobody is getting an intact dilation and extraction for trivial reasons. These are pregnancies that are wanted but doomed, either due to severe fetal anomaly or a threat to the life or health of the mother. The Supreme Court allows this procedure to be done provided the fetus is dead BEFORE it is delivered (Gonzales v. Carhart, 2007), so the doctor will, at some point before delivery, deliver an injection to induce fetal demise. Once the fetal demise is achieved, the skull is punctured and suctioned so that it collapses, allowing it to be small enough to pass through the cervix.

Prior to the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act, this procedure constituted .17% of all abortions performed in 2000.

"Also, because abortion is in such high demand, a 13 year old girl can get an abortion, a surgical procedure, without her parents permission. But to go to a doctor to get a cut checked out, she has to have a legal guardian with her."

Actually, 22 states require that at least one parent consent to a minor’s abortion, while 11 states require prior notification of at least one parent. 4 states require both notification of and consent from a parent prior to a minor’s abortion. 6 additional states have parental involvement laws that are temporarily or permanently enjoined (http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_O... ).

Furthermore, a majority of young adults who are pregnant and seek abortion care indicate that their

parents are aware that they are doing so.6 Furthermore, in states without parental involvement laws, 61% of parents knew of their daughter’s decision to terminate a pregnancy (Martin Donohoe, Parental Notification and Consent Laws for Teen Abortions: Overview and 2006 Ballot Measures MEDSCAPE Ob/Gyn & Women’s Health, February 9, 2007: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/549316 ).

Suffice to say, getting a cut checked out is not the same as pregnancy in any way, shape, or form, my dear.

• H

Ideally of course, every baby conceived should be born.

The fact that so many people rely on abortion as a form of contraception is tragic and is not something that sits well with me.

Having said that I do not feel I can condemn all those women who have opted for abortion.

The fact that the foetus can feel pain at a certain stage of the pregnancy is distressing and it is horrific to think that abortion at that late stage is still legal. Maybe if some attempt was at least made to anesthestise the foetus before termination it would be better.

I believe in the rights of the child but also that if a women chooses to end her pregnancy, and the method used is humane, that her right to do so is valid also.

I am a Demorcat, and am all for women's rights 110%. However, I am also for children's rights as well, as in their right to have a chance at life. Babies are vulnerable and cannot speak for themselves, and I find it morally unacceptable to stop a pregnancy and end the unborn's life UNLESS:

The mother was raped/Incest

The mother could die

The child would be so severely handicapped that they would never have a chance of a quality life (ie- wheelchair bound, unable to talk or walk, go to the bathroom, eat, etc.)

Do not repeal Roe v. Wade... modify it.

Pro-life. For me to consider a baby alive it needs to be outside of the womb, breathing air with its lungs. If we have a pregnant woman who for whatever reason, was at risk of dieing if she gave birth, her life would take precedent over the not yet independently living baby.

• motyka

one among those debatable subject be counted. i'm all in favour of abortion, and that i'll tell you why. i become raised in a relatives the place Abortion become incorrect, very incorrect. My relatives is Christian and that i become raised Christian. i become raised to think of abortion is incorrect by using fact if each and every thing is telling me it somewhat is, it's going to be, good? nicely i become raped while i become sixteen. i become no longer on start administration by using fact i become no longer sexually energetic at that factor of my life. He did no longer use a condom and after being raped i become forced to return to the tip that i could be pregnant. My complete complete relatives as quickly as I informed them if i become pregnant i become going to get an abortion by using fact: A. i'm unlikely to enhance a baby i did no longer ask for and B. I wasn't even arranged mentally or bodily to have a baby. My complete relatives become disgusted with me, to think of that i become even pondering abortion, nicely i finished up getting one and my relatives needed no longer something to do with me. i think of each and every female has a option to make no be counted if or no longer they elect an abortion. yet what those that are against abortion fail to realize is would you particularly carry an undesirable baby into this worldwide and not have the youngster raised right? Or extra efficient yet shall we carry yet another baby into this worldwide and positioned it in an ALREADY crowded adoption residing house. almost each and every man or woman who's against abortion says positioned the youngster up for adoption... nicely are you making plans on adopting that youngster? There are a lot of youngsters that would desire to be accompanied and are not. there are hundreds of youngsters that don't have properties... so shall we in simple terms upload onto the record yet another undesirable baby. i think of abortion should not be used as start administration, i come across that terrible. yet what i do no longer locate terrible is while a woman is forced to have intercourse and is raped and then impregnated and gets an abortion, that isn't a terrible reason to get an abortion. i think of while a man or woman isn't waiting to have a baby and would't help a baby and desperate to get an abortion, i do no longer locate that terrible. i come across it almost responsible... to be attentive to you may no longer emotionally, bodily, and financially be waiting to help a baby and to realize that and be attentive to to no longer carry that youngster into this worldwide.

If conservatives are concerned about beating hearts then they should protect all the frogs with beating hearts in their neighborhood.

Pro-choice

The earth is overpopulated as it is.

I feel conservatives and future Republicans should be aborted and if not, sterilized.

Pro-choice because I believe in women's rights and I'm not as crazy as you are.

The only thing that bothers me is stopping a beating heart......Not on any bandwagon.