What are 3 things about James Earl Jones?

Please tell what he did and what movies he was in. Please don't say star wars, I already know that.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He's well known for the voices of the lion King Mufasa in the Disney movie "The Lion King", Darth Vader in "Star Wars", the voice of CNN ("This is CNN"), and the voice played during Verizon phone calls ("Welcome to Verizon")

He is the only actor to win two Emmys in the same year (1991) as Best Actor for his role in "Gabriel's Fire" and as Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Heat Wave".

It's interesting to note that for someone with such a well known voice now, he had difficulty speaking when he was young. As a child, Jones had a stutter. He took acting lessons to help him get over it.

He was the first established celebrity to appear on "Sesame Street" (in 1969).

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Star Wars of Course; He was a bit of an action hero in Swashbuckler, and a very bad man in Conan the Barbarian. He was nominated for an Oscar For Great White Hope, and won the Golden Globe for that same role.

Source(s): http://bitly.com/jtufgI Revenge of the Sith http://bit.ly/oZmGkz Swashbuckler, http://bit.ly/pXpNto Conan the Barbarian.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

He was awesome in Field of Dreams, as the author who had become disillusioned with society and became a recluse, until Ray forces him to go with him to a baseball game. I believe he won an some type of award for The Great White Hope which was about boxing. He is the voice of CNN.

• haken
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a million) murderer's creed. The CGI trailers for the video games have been basically attractive, and the books teach that it particularly is achieveable to coach the video games right into a narrative this is ideal, and does not experience like an glaring video game version. every person loves AC, and the video games ought to be grew to become into an extremely great action picture. 2) Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The action and drama in that game, alongside with the compelling storyline, makes me think of how a great number of a great action picture this might make. 3) The Witcher 2. returned, solid storyline, exciting characters. Even mutually as enjoying it, the game felt somewhat like a action picture; solid cinematics, a mix between epic battles and romances, and not too long a length, might make it suitable for a action picture. a million+ to Doom, a million+ to Halo, (you be conscious of what may well be impressive? Get the human beings from chicken tooth to do it. purple vs Blue ftw.) i does no longer choose for a Mass effect action picture in spite of the undeniable fact that; in spite of the undeniable fact that i will see the way it would artwork, the difficulty with bioware video games are their alternatives & customisable characters; approximately 5% of human beings who went to confirm the action picture may well be like "yep, this is my Shephard, and those are my judgements," and anybody else might leave annoyed, with the aid of fact Shephard may well be thoroughly 'incorrect' to them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.