Why are Oreos so popular in the US?

Nobody eats them in Europe even though they are sold in some countries. I tried them in the US and didn't like them, the chocolate wasn't sweet enough. The Oreo ice cream was good though.

Name your most popular cookie from the country you are from. Do you think anyone in America really eats them?

People eat the foods they grew up with. The Oreo cookie has had the longest tradition, the best marketing and the most stable brand name. Those things together make it a popular cookie.

Weird that you're complaining about it not being sweet enough because people I know from other countries do nothing but moan about how our American dessert items are too sweet. Now you're saying this one isn't sweet enough. I suspect you're experiencing what I can "It's-from-America-so-it-can't-be-any-good" syndrome.

As someone who moved to the US from Germany, I have pondered that very same question. I, too, like the Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. But how they are the top selling cookie here is beyond me. It goes to show, however, that mass produced processed food can sometimes have workable applications. Velveeta is a great example of that.

They are made with graham flour. Like a graham cracker. Most americans like graham crackers too, as it reminds us of our childhood. So do Oreos.

Sometimes the thing your momma gave you to make you happy when you were a child is what makes you happiest when you are older.

Who the hell doesnt like Oreos I'll kick their a**!

People who don't like Oreos make me feel kind of violent.

I'm about to choke someone out.

Not really. Oreos are delicious!

Good!And every place on the tastes of the individual who is not the same.

• ?

because they're a basic food group, along with bacon and fries...

Sales good

I don't like Oreos.=)

who you calling a oreo you jiveazz honky.

Beacause there good

It all has to do with advertising and mass media.