Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 8 years ago

How effective with Diabetes is this? Please help?

Hi so I have a question. Im 19 and my Godmother has been helping me with my diabetes since I was 12. This woman slaves away and goes through a lot to be at my side at ALL TIMES. I take a lot of medications, and shots :-( for my diabetes.

Recently she was on WebMD and told me about a way to reduce the medication I need to take, which is through use of "Air Insulin..". Basically the way it works is you inject 2-3 deep injections of simply air using your syringe. Apparently it reduces the blood pressures and promotes stabalization of blood levels.

Has anyone (with diabetes obviously) experienced these air shot treatment? Does it work, and should I follow my godmoms suggesstion or just stick to the basics???

my godmother would never recommend something that would kill me. anyone else know what their talking about?

Favorite Answer

I've never heard of this, and it sounds like a complete FRAUD.

First of all, injecting air into your subcutaneous space will not give you an air embolism. If you were to inject air into a vein it would, but even then you need a decent amount to cause problems.

However... as you know T1 diabetes happens when the body does not produce insulin, which means the body is then unable to use glucose from food for energy. Without insulin, your body will turn to burning its own fat stores for energy, which WILL lead to a dangerous and deadly condition called ketoacidosis.

Injecting air will do absolutely nothing for you, as your body still will not have any insulin to allow the use of glucose for energy. In that respect, this practice is downright dangerous - not because of the injection of air, but because of the lack of insulin being taken. Stick with your prescribed regime of medications. If you have concerns or questions, or want to change your dosages, check with the health professional that manages your diabetes first.

As for reducing blood pressure, this is regulated by the brain stem and special cells in an artery in the neck. Injecting air will have no effect on blood pressure.

I did search the internet regarding your query, and the only thing that came up was a trial done by drug manufacturer Eli Lilly, about inhaled insulin. Nowhere did I find a mention of injecting air into oneself to reduce the need for medication.

http://clinical.diabetesjournals.org/content/19/1/...

http://newsroom.lilly.com/releasedetail.cfm?releas...

Source(s): RN

1

Source(s): Reverse Diabetes Without Drugs - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?SMSL

2

Source(s): The Complete Diabetes Solution : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?PpoZ
  • K. B.

Injecting air into the body is extremely dangerous. If you wish to try this, I would do it under the supervision of a doctor who can treat you for embolism (clot) immediately so you don't die. If you inject air into the bloodstream, the bubbles get trapped in the small blood passages and give you the same exact outcome as a stroke from a blood clot. If it travels to the lung, brain, heart, or other vital organs, you can cut off blood flow and that organ will die.

If it's a brain or heart clot caused by air, you could die within moments. Not exactly a good risk vs reward ratio.

If you are really serious about lessening your dependence on insulin, you can make some diet changes to help your body better cope with the sugars you ingest, but type 1 diabetes (the kind you usually get in childhood) cannot be changed as easily as type 2.

Books on diabetic diets are the best source of info on this, as long as you get one from a reputable author or hospital, and NOT a fad book (like one that tells you to eat lots of pizza, brownies, and eggs).

I'm a 45 year old woman and was recently diagnosed as being a borderline diabetic. My doctor prescribed some medication, but before filling it I decided to do some research on the internet which led me to the methods. After reading this ebook and applying the methods, my scepticism turned to 100% belief. I noticed that my energy levels increased significantly and I felt more rested in the morning, my symptoms started going away.

I am very happy to tell you that I have been feeling better than I have felt in years and my doctor informed me that he will be taking me off my prescriptions if I keep this up.

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

• Susie

Diabetes could be reversed quickly by starting holistic lifestyle changes. The diet plan must be comprised of plenty of fiber and also unprocessed foods. Consume 4 to 6 meals spread out equally during the day. Start up doing exercises routinely. Supplements can help as well. Fish oil, a daily multivitamin with minerals, pterocarpus marsupium, cinnamon, asian ginseng, and magnesium could should be considered.

Listen to your doctor, not a website. The website, or anyone who may have tried this treatment online here, don't have the knowledge of your diabetic history.

Injecting straight air into yourself would kill you. I don't recommend it, or listening to Web MD for that matter.