k80
Lv 5
k80 asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 9 years ago

Why doesn't leonardo dicaprio ever win?? ?

I think he is a very good actor but it is weird that he barely gets nominated.why is that?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He's had several Oscar and Golden Globe nominations actually - he's been nominated for an Oscar 4 times. I don't think there's any doubt in the industry that he's a talented actor. His first Oscar nod was when he was only 14-15, for the role he played as an autistic child in 'What's eating Gilbert Grape' - he was so convincing that many critics were surprised to learn that the young DiCaprio was not autistic.

Personally, I've always thought that DiCaprio's good looks have limited the roles he's been offered and I don't think we've yet seen the best he can do. But, as much of fan as I am, when I think about who he was up against when he was nominated, it just wasn't the best performance that year. I'd like to think he'll win something major at some stage, but he's had a stellar career and probably gets offered roles other actors could only dream of, so I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

• 4 years ago

together as I maximum in all threat have faith he merits an Oscar (for what's ingesting Gilbert Grape and Blood Diamond) i do no longer fairly have faith he ever will. Hollywood seems to have a element approximately now no longer giving the greater youthful. stable observing male actors the win. youthful female actors are maximum frequently given the award. And his being fully disregarded for his area in super replaced into as quickly as absurd. regardless of the incontrovertible fact that, it quite is Hollywood.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think he will be awarded eventually, he just keeps improving and becoming more interesting as an actor. But I agree I think his looks have worked against him, same as Johnny Depp - sometimes they make them wait if they think they're too young or too pretty. Plus he doesn't seem to care too much about fitting in with the Hollywood establishment.

• 5 years ago

Because they don't want him winning. If it was a fair competition, he would've won tons already. The Oscars are flawed/cheat

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Because he has to face up to competition. There are great actors out there and he is certainly one of them, I guess its just sods law.

• 9 years ago

I have no idea that is a very great question. I think he is one of the best

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.