Why is Grant leaving Ghost Hunters?

I just saw last nights episode of Ghost Hunters and Grant told his team he is leaving!

So sad I just love the show and believe it will never be the same. I just hope he didn't have to stop doing what he loved because someone made him give it up.

Favorite Answer

As he said in the episode that aired last night, 8 years of doing the show has put a lot of stress on him and his family. (This isn't a shocker really - he has a wife and a few kids at home yet the show keeps him on the road a lot.) And he said that he feels the show has achieved its goal of increasing awareness, growing TAPS, and helping people (who have experienced paranormal activity), so it's time for him to focus on other aspects of his life now. (He's leaving Ghost Hunters, the Syfy show, not TAPS, the organization he and Jason founded.)

Further answers to questions are posted on the TAPS website here:

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

LOUDOG - not cool. TAPS has answered the questions. No need to assume anything or start rumors to drag Grant's good name through the mud. He is a genuine good guy and doesn't deserve it (and yes, I have met him in person to be able to judge for myself who he is in real life, not just by what we see on TV). Really - all that travel and the type of work they do and the hours they put in - it's tiring. Plain and simple. For goodness sake, the guy just wants to get back to having a more "normal" lifestyle and be able to spend more time with his family.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why is Grant leaving Ghost Hunters?

Source(s): grant leaving ghost hunters: https://biturl.im/ca3Le

The TAPS website gave this explanations: Grant is looking forward to going back to school to pursue his interests in graphic design, as well as continue to actively pursue his passion for music and art.

According to it, he is just leaving the show; he is not leaving TAPS and will continue working with them in the background, but taking a break from investigating.

Source(s): The TAPS website

watch the preview of grant and jason in the car calling the team together. grants body language of crossed arms closing himself off, before i knew what was happening i mentiones to my husband...something is wrong with grant...he seems agitated. ive never seen him protecting himself like that. good luck to him and family...

There has been times that I've heard the same screams and or laughter in other locations. So I think that it's staged and have you ever see the shadows that they do. I haven't.

Once, that show had a little of my respect. In the ealier seasons it didn't seem like they were going out of their way to find paranormal explanations for random things. In fact, much of the time, they would tell a homeowner that they didn't find any reason to believe a home was haunted. They would find bad duct work that could explain drafty rooms, bad wiring that could cause EMF distrubances, and would adivse people to fix things.

Now they just seem to go to abandoned hospitals and stuff. Instead of looking for natural explanations, they jump to a paranormal conclusion. Some events clearly looked staged.

Maybe Grant has had enough of selling his soul for a ,9 rating. Maybe he wants to go back to really looking for genuine evidence of paranorma instead of playing to a lowest common denominator.

For those people who will immediately give me a thumbs down for even questioning the authenticity... go ahead do it now... ok... done? Thanks... now please read what I have to say.

I really think he started it all with great intentions, a love for paranormal investigation and as the show became more popular he got caught up in the whirlwind of fame. He is on a show that generates millions for SyFy,.. that part needs to be understood... millions of dollars are being made here and every show that airs must be gold for the studio execs. That's just how it works, this is the industry.

Grant is an executive producer of the show, he has merchandise, books, lectures, appearances a lot of money making ventures that are all based on the evidence and drama of the show. Getting tickets to see them live at a convention costs well over 200 dollars... why? Because this has become a business and he is in it to make money. Period. He doesn't work for Roto Rooter... he has become a star and he has a role to play now. Would you do the same? Maybe he's gotten tired of it all.

Watch the show carefully next time... watch how it is staged. From the intro walkie talkies in the vans on the way to the investigation. Do you really think it's the first time they're hearing about the case? I doubt it. Watch the editing, hear the haunting background music to enhance the scene, why is that necessary?

Have you ever noticed the camera crew? No? Me neither, maybe once, when an actual paranormal event may have happened and it knocked the sound man back... but the rest of the time it's like they're filming a carefully planned scene, enough to never catch the film crew. Why? Maybe because there's an audience... you.

It takes a lot of work and planning to create that illusion, regardless of any real evidence caught. I still believe that catching evidence will always be the goal, unfortunately real evidence sometimes needs a little boost... you know... for the sake of ratings, this is still the industry of course and money needs to be made.

Well, I think all of this might have gotten to him and he's done with it.

Maybe by saying he's still working with TAPS "behind the scenes" means he doesn't want to be a part of this production anymore... maybe it's gotten out of hand for him. Maybe he's made enough money and now it's time to go back to doing what he loves, actual ghost hunting...

Maybe... just maybe... things aren't always what they seem to be...

The show is fake and he (hopefully) has better things to do.

Idk but I saw some videos on YouTube where grant is faking "evidence " perhaps he was..

?

just my opinion.. but.. i have been noticing his look for awhile and i often thought he looks like he's doing coke, he would be up, he would look tired, just something about his facial expressions and then you look at Jason and he looks the same. Sorry to say it but it looks like drugs or maybe depression