Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Did God know that the Jews would reject Jesus Christ?

Did God know before He sent Him, that the Jews/Hebrews/Israelites was going to reject Jesus Christ as Messiah and Son of God?

Only serious answers please!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, god only knows what humans have placed in his thoughts.

• sunny
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Yes. I believe that God knows all because time only exists for us. So God can look from beginning to end at one look with out the time line. But in order to fulfil prophecy He gave them the opportunity to say yes to Christ just as He gives us the opportunity to say yes. Fate is not a map that our lives are all ready planned. We have free will to turn to the left or the right but I believe He already knows where we shall end up. It says in the Bible that He knew us before we were born. Which means that in the scheme of things (with out time) He already knows who your grandchildren will be. I know it's hard. But lots of things are hard. We will never understand everything on this Earth until it is revealed to us.

• 1Up
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Did God know that if Jesus didn't fulfil any prophecies, Jews wouldn't think he was Messiah?

I'd say yes.

• 8 years ago

God is very selective in his use of foreknowledg but the bible book of Isaiah does fortell that the Messiah would be despised and rejected and killed.

That having been said, whether they as individuals would all reject him the bible doesn't say - indeed Jesus first disciples were Jews and thousands did accept him - but not enough to make up the promised seed class.

My name is SUNSHINE

I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050408a/article_01.h...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Yes-God is a Spirit without flesh and blood and invisible to man. In order to make Himself visible to man and in order to shed innocent blood for our sins, He had to put on flesh.Jesus is not another God or a part of God, but He is the God of the Old Testament robed in flesh. He is the Father; He is Jehovah who came in flesh to bridge the gap between man and God that man's sin had created. He put on flesh as a man puts on a coat.

Jesus is "the image of the invisible God". He is God veiled in flesh (Hebrews 10:20). He came to His own creation and to His own chosen people but they did not recognize Him or receive Him (John 1:10-11). Jesus is like no other man that ever has been or will be. He has two natures; He is fully God and fully man. We can easily understand all of this if we realize that Jesus has a dual nature. He is both Spirit and flesh, God and man, Father and Son. On His human side He is the Son of man; on His divine side He is the Son of God and is the Father dwelling in flesh.

The mystery of God in flesh was a great stumbling block to the Jews. They never could understand how Jesus, being a man, could also be God (John 10:33). Because He claimed to be God they rejected Him and sought to kill Him (John 5:18; 10:33). They tried to limit God by their own preconceived ideas of how God should act. Furthermore, they did not have a thorough knowledge of the Old Testament Scriptures that proclaim the deity of the Messiah.

When Jesus forgave a palsied man of His sins, the Jews thought He had blasphemed because they knew that only God could forgive sin (Isaiah 43:25). Jesus, knowing their thoughts, healed the man; thereby showing His divine power and proving His deity (Luke 5:20-26). The Jews were right in believing that there was one God, in believing that only God could forgive sin, and in understanding that Jesus claimed to be the one God (the Father and Jehovah). They were wrong only because they refused to believe Jesus' claim.

Jesus stressed how important it is for us to understand who He really is the Jehovah of the Old Testament: "If ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:24). The word he is in italics in the King James Version, which indicates it is not in the Greek but was added by the translators. So Jesus called Himself the "I AM," the name Jehovah used in Exodus 3:14-15. Jesus was saying, "If you believe not that I AM, you shall die in your sins." It is not mandatory that a person have a thorough comprehension of all questions relating to the Godhead to be saved, but he must believe that there is one God and that Jesus is God.

• 8 years ago

Yes, God is All-knowing of all things

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes, God knows everything in advance

• 8 years ago

Yes: They were hardened to allow the gentiles to be Grafted in, But God says he will forgive them, when the fullness of the gentiles is finished.

• 8 years ago

He also knew that pagans will accept Him, and then Jews will be inspired to get Salvation too.

Source(s): NT
  • Sanzz
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

God knows everything..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.