Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 8 years ago

A question about the Watusi and Pygmy tribes of Africa?

I watched a movie filmed in Africa that made me curious as to why the smallest people on Earth and the tallest people on Earth show up in the came continent.

Does anyone really know why the Pygmies are so small? My other question concerns the Watusis. In the article I read? It said that contrary to popular belief the Watusi are not Ne gros. What does that mean??

I had to put a space in the N-word because Yahoo wouldn't print it. I'm NOT trying to be offensive at all. I just don't understand how this book is using this word.

Favorite Answer

With the Watusi not being n e g ro thing derives from the colonization era

Europeans constantly tried to put African peoples into specific groups

that is why there is so much tribal conflict today in Africa..especially

with the Tutsi and the Hutu...As for them not being n e g r o it is basically

just down to ignorance the western Perception is all black africans look one

way and one way only ..and that is big lips, wide nose, etc etc you know

what im getting at, yet Africa has now been confirmed as the most diverse

continent in the world in the world according to scientists and that is without

mixture from other races, What Western society cant seem to fathom is that

Africans are just as diverse as we are, now that we are not in the colonization/slavery

era we can freely say this ..but obviously back then such things could not be said

to excuse slavery and colonization it is really complicated to explain lol

there is no such thing as "neggroid" "caucasoid" and "Mongoloid" all these things

were created on the base of ignorance ..so you have certain African tribes that

fall into the caucasoid branch because they do not live up to the western perception

of what a n e g r o looks like in there eyes ..but they are terribly mistaken

Africa is just too diverse, yet Europeans in the past constantly tried to divide them

from eachother thus explaining why we have questions asked today such as your's

But tutsi and watusi in recent gene studies have they shown they are related to that

of Bantu stock so there is no actual genetic difference.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does anyone really know why the Pygmies are so small? My other question concerns the Watusis. In the article I read? It said that contrary...

Source(s): question watusi pygmy tribes africa: https://tinyurl.im/VeRxd

Watusi Tribe

Seems Google has deleted all the photos of the African pygmies,Ubangies and the Watusi tribal peoples ...from the tallest to the shortest .... from disk lipped people to the long ring neck people....seems any tribe in Africa is kept a secret today .... maybe it's politically correct not to tell truth anymore and we'll just live on massive amounts of drugs in lala land

For the pygmies being so small, it's probably driven by environment. They live in dense jungle, where being tall would be a disadvantage. Also, they have a poor diet. Watusis would definitely be classified as Ne gro. Maybe the article you read said they weren't *******, which refers to facial features, not race.

They are cool.